OLTL: Actor Interview on his departure

• Members

Wasn't sure if this belongs in here or not. But A new interview with Brett Claywell by Carina MacKenzie of Zap2it.com is up. He discusses his and Scott's departure, how they found out, if he's open to coming back and what his short term plans are, etc.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/one-life-to-lives-brett-claywell-the-end-of-kish.html

Another more detailed interview here:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/deep-soap/oltls-brett-claywell-firing/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't really that into Kish, but their abrupt departure sounds like a mandate happened suddenly, and not only that, things are once again being rewritten at the last minute.

I feel bad for both Scott and Brett, to LEARN THAT YOU JUST TAPED YOUR LAST SCENES? SEE YA!

That is pretty terrible. I feel terrible for these two actors.

• Members

This fan campaign probably wont result in them coming back full time, but I hope the show can least bring them back for a proper send off. I think Kish fans and Brett & Scott at least deserve that and sounds like their exit is a pretty lame one.

I wonder if Brett hadn't been turning in his Emmy Reel that day (I wonder what he picked), if he would have found out the same way Scott did, on the internet? Probably.

• Members

Lillian Hayman, who played Sadie Gray from the start of the show to 1984 or 1985 when Paul Rauch fired her.

I'm so glad that Nelson and others weren't around back then. We would hear about what a bitch Lillian was and how she caused problems on set and how Paul loves black people but not a diva.

• Members

Wasn't Scott officially on recurring anyway? I know he had a big storyline, but when you're recurring, the show isn't obligated to inform you of your place on the show. It's been done a ton of times to recurring actors on other shows.

Not trying to downplay how Scott found out, but the boy was never on contract to begin with.

• Members

They basically did get the Lillian Hayman Special. This is all so shameful on the part of ABC, and it shows how much of an easy lay Nelson Branco is for the network heads. But then, I knew that. He's running a smear that he knows they wouldn't have tried to pull on anyone but a gay couple.

• Members

I think being subjected to this smear is worse than what she went through but then she was on the show for over 15 years so that's also a huge injustice to fire her in a parking lot. It's sad that OLTL now has enough of a history of these types of firings that we can compare and contrast.

I would still like to know exactly why they thought this was necessary. I'm not surprised Nelson Branco went along, because once you start spreading rumors of actors having Alzheimers, you can't go much lower. I am surprised that someone at ABC was petty enough to slander people who did nothing more than show up for work and do their best.

These men did PR, they were nice to fans, they gave very strong work for over a year, and not only are they dumped out of nowhere and not even given a last scene, they also get to see their names smeared everywhere.

Archived