Is Crystal Chappell trying too hard to play up to the lesbian audience?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that when the "(gay) soap media" back certain actors and actresses because they're "friendly" to the gay cause, it diminishes their credibility when they're "attacking" other shows or actors and actresses. Case in point. Nelson Branco seems obsessed with dissing the actress who plays Steffy on B&B. He takes every opportunity to call her a "hair model", and treats her as if she's the worst actress to ever grace daytime TV. Meanwhile, he fawns over the actress who plays Starr on OLTL, who IMHO is a horrible actress. I just think these guys should be fair, or why even have soap columns?

• Members

Thank God I'm not the only who is not impressed with Chappell's work on DAYS. Like some of you, I've never seen Crystal on Days of Our Lives before, so I was looking forward to seeing some great work because I saw how good she was on Guiding Light. I cannot stop staring at that botox forehead of hers. Don't get me started on those eyes. She's looking like a crack whore these days.

I have nothing but love for Crystal Chappell, but I just had to post my real opinions. I admired her excellent work on GL, but she's a hot mess on DAYS.

• Members

Carly's been gone for 17 years. I dont get the arguments that she's not the same woman she left. People DO change, especially since its been almost 2 decades since she's been seen. I think her being different is pretty realistic. Im not watching but that seems about right and its more of a writing thing than Crystal Chappell

• Members

1. This topic's ridiculous title should be changed to the Crystal Chappell bash thread.

2. I do like Chappell's current portrayal of Carly on Days. I don't why people were expecting Carly to come back as an Olivia clone. Carly was always understated and weepy to begin with, and after her all the abuse she's suffered and killing her husband, I find the low-keyness refreshing to over the top hysterics.

• Members

Not to change the point of the thread, but I never understand when people criticize Lauren Koslow's looks. The woman is 57. Her face is not super tight, she certainly hasn't had a facelift. I'm in that business and I can tell ya, that face has not had surgery on it.

• Members

First off, the party CC and Nadia attended was a show that the artist Jen Foster was having in LA. Jen Foster wrote and performed the song Venice Beach for CC's web series Venice. So it is only natural that she and some of Team Venice would attend to show their support. Second, we don't know in what context this kiss was made and it was Brandon Beemer, Nadia's own boyfriend who took the photo. Now I wouldn't mind Brandon popping up on Venice next season maybe as a gay model that Ani has to shoot.

Crystal is a rare celebrity who reaches out to her fans just about on a daily basis. Who else can you say that about? She is a very busy person with Days/Venice, personal appearances, etc and she is a mom and wife. She is not making any money off of Venice and has even paid money out of her own pocket, she has said as much in interviews. She wanted to do Venice for the fans that were robbed with the Otalia story when GL was canceled. She wanted to give a voice to these fans who shared their stories with her, some of which were quite heart breaking (again, she has stated this numerous times in interviews).

I'm glad to see her back on Days, though the writing for her current storyline is very lacking in my opinion. I think because she played Olivia for 10 years its hard for folks to not expect Olivia when she graces our TV screens. I'm hoping once the storyline moves into her connecting with her daughter that it will improve. I also support CC with Venice. I am a paying subscriber and will continue to do so. They've got one season under their belt and can now improve to make season 2 and any others to follow that much better.

Please, don't fault CC for trying to give her fans what they want.

Junebuggnc

:wub:

I have been Chappelled!

Archived