Is Crystal Chappell trying too hard to play up to the lesbian audience?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do the production values for this look better than the production values for Venice or Gotham?

I love the whole "They love this like you love Xena," followed by, "That's not funny! That's totally different!"

I really hope Vee gets to see this :lol:

• Members

LOLOLOLOL. There's more, there's more!

Here's scenes from the canceled show "Gotham Vice." I like how they make fun of how absolutely unnatural and stilted those Olivia/Natalia scenes were on GL with the awkward camera angles and bad music.

• Members

That's interesting. I remember Otalia had a big following at TWOP. Then again, there's a difference between liking that and liking what followed. There was that fun blog, I can't remember the name now, which initially planned to seriously review Venice, and then they were so annoyed by it they just made a mockery of the first few episodes before giving up entirely.

• Members

Aside from the kissing (which would probably make someone at P&G or CBS flee in horror), it's all so spot on for Otalia. I especially love the GL music in the storeroom, the horrible "rock" followed by the almost as bad "inspirational" theme.

And that webpage cracks me up. A T-shirt for "I'm a detective, I...detect things." That's like Internet fandom to a tee...

• Members

I like how the DA's office is a closet with a file cabinet. And if I'm not mistaken, in one of the scenes her law degree was frameless, just a sheet of paper propped up against another frame.

The music is truly horrible. But in order to truly complete the GL illusion they needed for the only intimacy to be warm hugs and perhaps eskimo kisses.

I saw some of Venice but was not about to pay for an entire season of that garbage. I heard it "got better" but I frankly doubt that. I thought Gotham was steadily improving from being utter [!@#$%^&*] to slightly less, but I should catch up with it.

• Members

I think she had two frameless degrees next to each other. :lol:

I only watched a little bit of Venice; I'm sure it did get better but between "sassy" and HBS as a funny foreigner telling Tina Sloan she was going to go sapphic, I never could get past the start. There seemed to be very little of the actual lesbian couple in question.

I don't watch a lot of fanvids (not because I think they're all bad, just because I usually don't care about enough couples to really watch them), but that Trina fanvid reminds me of the one Otalia fanvid I watched last spring, which was the same two or three clips put in over and over and over...

• Members

Or like the Nuke scenes that basically replay the two of them jumping on the bed or the stumble into the kitchen island at the Snyder Farm. LOL.

Man, someone has to tell these bitches to do more episodes of Webseries The Webseries. I wish there were more soap parodies out there that made fun of people in charge of these soaps, and not those ridiculous Mii-like characters set to robotic voices.

I never thought they were making fun of

I love the crazy fans gluing the pictures to the cardboard(like the ridiculous video of child drawing a picture of Olivia, Natalia and Emma while her mom looked on saying "We love Otalia!" :blink: ) and the crazy lesbian at her computer with the "Team Trina" T-Shirt. They really capture the essence of how rabid those fans are.

• Members

I'll just jump right in.

The Xena part was my favorite :lol:

Apparently CC is now gonna do another webseries or a reality webseries. "The straight girls guide to gay bars" or something like that (that is really the title of the show).

So to answer the question "Is Crystal Chappell trying too hard to play up the lesbian audience" my answer is a big fat YES.

Archived