ATWT March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, he was on today. I havent seen the show yet but some him in the previews after Wednesday's show. I cant wait to see me some Kim, Bob and Barbara. Also didnt the flirting with Luke and Reid start today?...hehe

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF? P.J.--You can't possibly think Sage acts like a teenager? They write her like a freaking toddler.

It wasn't so much flirting between Reid and Luke, as it was Reid lust-eyeing Nuke while they made out. *shudder* I love how they're trying to humanize the character now that they've spent months writing him as a selfish, emotionless prick with an ego heavier than his own body weight. <_<

Daniel Cosgrove was fairly okay. I just can't get used to Chris, when it seems like every 2 years... he comes back, Bob and Kim smother him with love, we find out he has a secret agenda, he finds love, that love ends up breaking his heart, and he runs out of Oakdale with his tail in between his legs, destined to return yet again in 2 or 3 years.

GMAB, Katie. Just because the teddy bear is missing an eye doesn't mean Jacob swallowed a button bigger than his tiny infantile fist. *eyeroll* She didn't even bother to look around before she jetted off for the hospital, acting like her baby was on the brink of death. "Just keep breathing, Jacob"........ Psssh!!!

Now, on to that horrid "close call with a speeding car" incident. Not only has ATWT seemed to use the hell out of those since the Lucy/trolly incident, but they execute them so poorly. That car wasn't going fast at all... aaannnddd... Katie was obviously out of the car's way when she supposedly fell or got knocked down or whatever.

Babs and Henry make me want to puke. And here comes Vienna, predictably, just as Henry finds himself in a compromising situation that will make her want to (or actually) leave again.... *eyeroll*

• Members

IA that ATWT's action sequences never work out. I long for the days of fake "outdoor" sets; they were always so pretty to me.

But I really enjoy Henry and Barbara. They are so different from what you usually see on soaps, and the show seems surprisingly committed to them. I like to think that, if the show weren't ending, they could become an established couple. I mean, Henry is a very quirky character deserving of an equally quirky relationship. I realize that Barbara, on the other hand, has suffered a great deal of character assassination over the past decade and that her relationship with Henry isn't exactly a return to her roots, but I find it more enjoyable than watching her peek over Paul's shoulder all the time.

• Members

I watched the show today. First time I watched almost all of it in a long time.

Dusty I agree with you most of the time BUT I like Barbara and Henry! CZP looks like she is having fun with this. She is in a story where she isn't worried about her child or James Stenbeck. I loved the scene with Kim.

I don't like Vienna so I hope she hightails it back with Sweden.

DC as Chris is okay. As you said Dusty,rhey bring him back every other year with another actor,another secret and another broken relationship. I say ehh right now to his return and I will wait and see how this goes.

Reid did say alot in his reactions to the first scene where Luke was tearing in to him and when he was spying on Nuke.

• Members

You just hate Sage. The pretweens/teens I know are easily excitable. We don't see Sage every day "spazzing out" (forgive my ancient terminology)like a three year old on a sugar high. She had a completely understandable reaction to the news of her parents reuniting. And considering how idiotic the adults were acting--I love Jack, but giving into Janet's emotional blackmail when he knows his marriage is over was insane---she made a lot of sense. Especially considering Jack and Janet's "relationship" happened in the span of about three weeks after starting out as "friends with bennies". The way they've twisted Jack into a pretzel to excuse his f*ckbuddy ways with Janet is deplorable.

I disagree about the remotes. I like them. Yes, sometimes the audio sucks, and the "stunts" leave a lot to be desired. (But given that I distinctly remember a tree that "fell up" on an amnesiac Holden about 20 years ago, I'd say ATWT was never the best in that dept. anyway). But it's opened up the show, IMO, especially given the dramatically decreased number of sets. I'd much rather see Jack and Carly discussing something at the pond than yet another claustrophobic scene at Al's or the Lakeview. The scenes that NEVER work, IMO, are the ones at Fashions. And that has to do with how they're always shot with handheld cameras and stuck practically in the actor's faces.

And yeah...I like Henry and Babs too. I even kind of wish TIIC had thought of it sooner. Henry was always on the backburner with Vienna anyway. And anything that gets me more CZP before the end is a-ok with me.

• Members

Oh, I love me some Daniel Cosgrove....though the problem is I keep seeing him as another "son of a beloved veteran couple," Bill Lewis. I think the problems with Chris is, besides the fact that Hogan coundlnt write for a guy unless he is a rapist of an !@#$%^&*], was that they never got the right actor with the looks charm, niceness and masulinity to play him until now (geez, I sound like a fangirl dont I??) They started out with the actor with the unforunate teeth and the Brooklyn accent, then they went to the really cute, but kinda gayish acting one, to the Buffy Riley guy, to that one guy with blondish hair, (or was it the other way around) and geez, you are right,they are starting to meld together. DC, looks like he could be Hastings and Hays kid (but then I thought that he could have been MK's and the Billy actors kid.)

Would be kinda good if they wrote a backstory where Chris did some experimentation with Reid, but I know they wont go there even in the shows waneing days. As for Luke/Reid, thank god that NUKE is about to die, but I still dont see !@#$%^&*] Reid as putting up with Luke's nelly bitchiness all the time (did anyone else laugh when skinny nelly Luke through Reid against the wall???) Thought they are writing this along the lines of the bitchy princess falling for the crusty guy...which is an age old storyline which works with the right actors in it.

Babs and Henry I like better then I thought I would, but during the Reid reveal, when Henry said, "Your gay????" I wanted Reid to say, "Yea, arent you?" I mean, come on, no one in Oakdale questions if Henry is a flaming queen???

• Members

Did Reid tell Luke he was an annoying, bitchy princess, who makes his mother look "normal."? You know if he is bitching at Luke there is gonna be some hot sex in the future (not that we will get to see it..but please, anything other then Nuke.)

• Members

How utterly awesome was Reid? Too bad TIIC will muck that up (much like they did Brad/Katie) by neutering Reid into Luke's newest lapdog.

*claps* And the Babs/Carly scene was awwwwsome. Not only did Babs bring up Hal, she was truly nice to Carly. I hope to hell Babs and Carly get to go into business together before things end.

Janet---STFU. Yeah...Carly's so "out of place" making everything about her...unlike someone who showed up uninvited to someone else's intervention. If Janet didn't want a crowd in the sonogram room, perhaps she should have kept her legs shut and not begged Jack to fluck her one last time for "Libby's sake". *eyeroll*

Vienna's strangely unnecessarynow. Funny how she's all happy Henry's giving his money away. Meanwhile, WTF has she been living on...other than her family money?

• Members

Not in so many words, but the basic gist of what he told Luke was: "Look, just because I'm gay doesn't mean that me and you and Noah were gonna be BFFs all of sudden. Being gay has nothing to do with me being a doctor, and you still aggravate the crap out of me, so just because you think I'm all right because I'm gay doesn't mean that I think you're supercool because you're gay. So lee' me 'lone."

Of course, that just made our Luciano want his jock even more.

Oh, and also, Reid was totally yanking Luke's chain the whole time. "How do you want me to prove that I'm gay? *wink wink nudge nudge*"

• Members

Hahaha...I can't wait to watch after reading yours and everyone else's praise of Reid.

I agree with you Mitch. They have to go the Reid/Luke route. I like how it was better planned out than Nuke ever was. But as PJ said you know they are going to mess this up and put Nuke back together...UGH...NO!!

Archived