GH: New opening credits online

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pretty good! I agree about the music, and while I don't mind character names, I, for some reason, don't like actor names and to have both just makes me seasick. But I think it's a big improvement--oh and like someone else said Wyndemere (is that the name? I barely watch) looks ridiculosuly gothic for Port Charles--it's liek Dracula lives there.

• Members

I didn't know that Sonya Eddy was on contract.

You know, I'm not mad at it, I think I like it. And I like it a LOT more with Koz's FOTH like Cheap edited.

I don't mind the actor and character names because they've taken a cue from Central Park West's opening which is less dizzying and obtrusive than B&B's format. With this one, your eye can choose its focus, actor or character.

It does look a little cheap, but I think that's actually going to be a plus here because new additions will probably look more fluid and not stick out like sore thumbs as they tend to in more expensive looking montages.

Opening credits should be the least of our concerns these days, and I think this is a perfectly acceptable one that will hopefully be cost effective enough to be easily updated.

• Members

Not the best quality footage, but as you can see, the character names sort of unobtrusively drift across the screen (though inexplicably, Lauren Hutton's "Linda" does not appear).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Jane Eliot looks great, best of them all. Ingo R looks great and probably the best of the men. Tony Geary looks really good, so does the kid who plays Michael, Leslie Charleson miraculously enough, and John J York.

Steve Burton, Tyler Christopher, and Kimberly McC must all have a festering evil lurking within destroying them physically bit by bit. Their photos were all pretty unfortunate.

• Members

I think I would like this a whole lot better if it didn't look like it had been made on Windows Movie Maker. Even if the character/actor names were smaller and there wasn't that white fade thing behind it, they would look a whole lot better. The white fade ruins it for me, it cheapens the whole effect. That being said, the actual shots are all really nice (except Maxie's. It does NOTHING for KS), and I don't mind the shots of Port Charles behind everyone.

But seriously, why didn't they do this in a 16:9 ratio? I do not get that at all. Yeah, let's do the whole show in 16:9 and our opening in 4:3? Makes no sense.

I wish they had changed the music. These new slowed down shots don't work at all with that fast music.

It does look very early Port Charles-esque. I like it overall. IT's definitely a step up.

• Members

The visuals are very nice, BUT they really should have used Faces of the Heart as the theme music and broke up the actor shots in groups and had some vignettes in between the groupings. All in all, the tour of Port Charles is a really nice touch, it gives the show more of an identity.

• Members

You're not far wrong. While the cityscape backgrounds add something (except for cartoon Wyndymere), the actors look like they were superimposed using kiddie-proof sissors. The jump-cut from Tony Geary's name check to "Luke" walking away is especially clumsy.

And I see the mid-90s opening theme to "Leeza" is still in place. Not to mention those character names. ABC seems to think that us simple folk cannot separate the actors from their characters.

• Members

I like it. I dont love it. I dont think its better than the last opening well, its miles ahead of the unupdated and crappy updates of the last opening, but not better than the last opening when it first came on). I LOVE the actor names and wish other soaps would do it. I also think they found a great way to use character names, unlike B&B where it just looks like a mess. The character names are so fadded off into the background that it really works.

The shots could have been better. Love laura, thats from the bumpers tho right?

KeMo looks like shes in pain standing there. Ingo just looks... bad. Tyler looks like hes "get me the ff out of here". Becky's facial expression is just odd.

Brandon, Lisa, Julie, and Kimberly look great. Kirsten looks good too but her lips are way too glossy tho.

• Members

Everything could have been better: the font (for actors' names and a new show title logo would be great), the choice of colours, the way actor shots are superimposed, shots of the city could have been emphasised... It's just cheap, amateurish. Zillion fan-made openings are better than this.

Archived