Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February 22, 2010

• Members

Since they putting Phylis in a bunch of storyline where she doesn't fit. I have a feeling that her storyline might lead ot Billy. Since they testing him out with every female.

Phylis doesn't belong in taking down Adam. Because when she finds out that taking down Adam will reveil that Faith is alive she's going to lose Nick.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure that's what theyre's going for. But you see, it's plot driven... they say to themselves "Let's blow Phyllis out of the water and have Sharon and Nick Back together... how can we accomplish this? Instead, they should be doing, "Who has the most motivation to bring down Adam? and how can we make this delicious?" It's obvious theyr'e having Phyllis be the big cheese is bringing Adam down, so they can have it come back and bite her in the butt, have the very thing she is so proud of herself for... revealing Adam, is the very thing that causes her to lose Nick. But this show has ALWAYS bent over backwards to give Stafford juicy story, whether her character fit into it or not. The feud with Dru didn't come from an organic place, and this Phyllis vs. Adam isn't either.

• Members

I sure hope Nick doesn't end up back with Sharon. Those are two characters I cannot stand together.

I have never been a fan of Sharon, because I think she is a bitch, and thinks she is better than everyone.

I think Phyllis is actually showing SYMPATHY for Sharon here, and it shows that Phyllis isnt really a bad person, so if she loses Nick because she did something GOOD, it will just further prove to me how much this show hates women.

• Members

Phyllis is used as a plot device. She fits into the niche of what female characters are or aren't expected to do. She is not a heroine, so she is more likely to be able to cause havoc, and I guess she will "pay" by losing Nick to Sharon. I think this is supposed to be the big clever irony, and we will get scenes of Shick cooing over their baby (a baby they were both fine with being dead, by the way), as Phyllis looks sick in the background.

Since Ashley and Sharon are more traditional heroines, that means they have to sit around and be helpless.

Archived