Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of February 22, 2010

• Members

How long have you been watching Y&R? :unsure:

She is still on the show, but hasn't been used much in recent months. But she was pretty regularly shown in 2007, 2008, and in the beginning of 2009.

It's just that this writing team hates this character and always make her look like some incompetent fool during court cases to suit their agenda.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been watching Y&R since like maybe 2004 faithfully? And then from about 2000-2004 on an on again off again type way, but I have seen a TON from the 80s/90s online and in areas liek that.

I mean, I remember some things with Heather...Like she prosecuted Victor for that Ji Min guys murder, and that she was briefly involved with Cane, and like Daniel...And then the romance with Adam...and something about Epstein Barr disease?

And then when Adam was "blind" I remember her visiting him or something, and then dumping him...But like I said, nothing really memorable jumps out at me.

Honestly, I thought she left town after she dumped Adam...Or I thought they just decided never to mention to her. Where has she been?

• Members

Why not Phyllis, she is married to Nick, isn't she. Adam is Nick's brother. She is a part of the Newman family whether people want to accept it or not. I am going to go by what Nikki said onscreen, Victor is going to be a big part of Phyllis's life..I have no bloody idea what the heck that means LOL but I love seeing Victor, Nick & Phyllis teaming together.It says a lot. Because there is one thing these 3 all have in common, don't mess with their family. Heck, not even Victoria is involved as much into going after Adam either and Victoria is his sister.

And Phyllis may not like Sharon and Sharon may not like Phyllis for the same reasons LMAO and they both don't trust each other for the same reasons LMAO, but it's clear that Phyllis is a bit concerned about Sharon as well, why I have no clue. But I am sure it will be explained when the proverbial you know what hit the fan LOL!!!

When Heather becomes a NEWMAN, then we have a case....until then she gets to stay out of it. Maybe she gets involved at some point when Adam's little plots are revealed but she is not important in the s/l w/the NEWMANS at this particular juncture in the s/l. .

A bigger question for me would be why isn't Heather involved more with her own family in this Patty storyline.

• Members

Then it should be Nick wanting to take Adam down, he has more motive than Phyllis will ever have in this situation.

I'm tired of Phyllis being pushed into stories that aren't about her, and then being made about her in some way. I'm also tired of Phyllis and Sharon stealing one another cookies and then them running after one another to recover it. The Sharon/Phyllis dynamic is beyond played out and isn't getting anymore interesting. These women need to get over themselves already.

I don't care about Phyllis's role in the Newman family. She is not and has never been very close to Victor, Nikki, and Victoria. That is not a strong family bond. Sharon wasn't very close to Nikki and Victoria either, but she always had a tighter bond with Victor. More so than Giggly Heffa Phyllis ever will.

What the hell does this have to do with being a Newman?

This is NOT a Newman family story. This is a story about Adam and his victims, since Sharon will always be the clueless heroine, it should be either Ashley or Heather taking Adam down. Phyllis has no reason to actively pursue Adam, even if she doesn't like him. Heather and Ashley, on the other hand, do.

The only intriguing part of this story concerning Phyllis to me is that I look forward to her shooting herself in the foot again, because she always does anyway...

Heather and Ashley have justifiable motives to pursue Adam and his activities with a very close eye, Phyllis on the other hand, DOES NOT.

• Members

Both she and Rafe were affected by Adam's schemes, even if they were pre-baby burning. Adam also used Rafe to get on Sharon's good side as well. Heather, Rafe, Estella, Ashley, Sharon, and maybe even Patty should get first takes at Adam before Phyllis does.

Phyllis's involvement makes me think that the writers are writing more for the actress than the character.

• Members

I am not going to go into the who likes Phyllis in the Newman family because in the end it really doesn't matter, does it, because Phyllis doesn't care and Nick doesn't care either. :lol: And that's the only person who counts. And IMO, that's not what the story is about as you pointed out.

This is one story that is not following the track most expected (including myself) because it has suddenly derailed, and it's become obvious to me anyway that the story has shifted in a rush for plot-driven reasons...to where this seems to be sort of "predictably" going. So any theories I had before I tossed them out which for me explains why Phyllis is in this s/l. So I am especially enjoying it because it's ticking people off!! :lol: It will sort of blow up in her face of course but that's where the drama is for me.

But I have already figured out why everyone else is getting involved in this Adam s/l, and Ashley turned against him in a jiffy and the Sharon character is left towards the end to pick up the pieces.Hopefully she will get the really meaty part whatever the heck that is!

I have no idea what Victor, Ashley, Nick and Sharon all ATE in Paris but apparently it took a year for mitosis to occur and causes all sorts of wacky things to happen!! :blink::lol:

• Members

Heather is such a fabulous character. How can you not remember her? I loooove her vendetta against Victor, and I love how she doesn't take crap from anyone and how she always puts the right people in their place.

Y&R needs to have Nina meet Heather. She is dating her father after all. I wonder if Heather remembers when April killed her stepfather.

• Members

This is one time I hope you are really wrong. But I am not going to be surprised if you are right...because technically Sharon is still a whack job. But like you I am really over Sharon the victim and the village idiot all wrapped up in one. I can't take it anymore. It was funny for a while but now I am just blooming bored by it all.

• Members

Tom Casiello said on Twitter that they didn't forget about the spermcapades, so I wonder why they brought Kyle back for plot driven reasons? I understand they'll probably SORAS him soon so why not just wait until the story is in place? Why screw things up by making him too young?

• Members

It makes no sense, if they didn't forget, why did they bring Kyle back for two days, and he's like 6 years YOUNGER than Abby, when their births happened in close proximity to one another and was a major plot line?

Yes, they can always SORAS him later, but why bring the character back for two days at this particular age? There's no continuity to this show anymore. It's little, yet also big things like this that piss me off so much.

Casiello needs to stop being this show's mouthpiece on Twitter and really needs to stop spinning stuff to fans. He kisses this show and his the asses of his bosses as bad as Michael Muhney. On top of that, his episodes are generally some of the worst on this show.

Archived