AMC: Susan Lucci on Rachael Ray Show

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just finished watching. La Lucci talked about the move, said it has been seamless so far. She talked about being in hi-def, and jokingly said she wasn't sure she wanted to be in high def and would prefer to watch sports that way. Talked about the death of James Mitchell and how it was shocking news. She spoke about one of her fondest memories of him when they were prepping for their scenes and James came up to her and started dancing with her. She noted how he was an accomplished dancer on movies and broadway.

• Members

I always thought she debuted on the show from the very first show but she didnt come on the scene till episode 10. I didnt like the advice segment. What was with people asking her what would Erica do in their situation? You dont apply Erica logic to real life. It came off as dumb. Other than that it was a pretty good show and interview

• Members

I wonder if Susan has ever mentioned Erica's relation to AW's Rachel (Robin Strasser) in an interview. I remember fans from AMC's early days saying on WoST that they could have sworn Susan was given tapes of Robin to watch.

• Members

But there would have been plenty of tapes still available in 1970, no? :unsure: Or forget tapes, she could haved just WATCHED Another World. :lol: Not reporting this as fact btw, just relaying the impression that some fans from back then got. If indeed true, I doubt SL would ever admit such a thing. But I see no harm in watching a handful of scenes to get the gist of what they're trying to establish on their brand spanking new show, then you venture off and make it your own.

Gathering from what I've read over the years, making tapes of their predecessors available for recasts seemed to be fairly common practice, the choice to watch was up to the actor. Apparently, Paul Rauch gave Elaine Princi tapes of Robin Strasser.

• Members

LOL!! :lol:

I want one.

Speaking of "WWED?", I loved La Kane's reaction here:

(skip to 4:00)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HILARIOUS!

• Members

Oh man, I LOL'd when they cut to Adam snickering with his feet up sipping champers, hilarious. :lol:

Erica is HILARIOUS, I'm so mad that so many people just don't get it. :wub:

Damn if Jane Elliot can't work a Sassoon bob/blunt cut. Her head has been looking snatched for years. :P

• Members

She really does, and so many people write it off as bad acting. But there really are OTT people like that in life. And we can't forget that Susan is acting what's on the page and Agnes Nixon ain't no slouch. I get so tickled watching those old clips.

• Members

Danielle: Who else would have the nerve to put their picture on the cover of the first issue of their magazine [but Erica]? The very first issue, published under her name?

Me: Um...Oprah?

They should bring back Danielle. Erica could use a "no-talent tramp" for a neme--. Oh, wait. Annie.

Forget what I said.

Archived