Eric Braeden Celebrates 30 Years on Y&R

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I'm pretty sure not. I have sort of vague memories of that first 60-minute episode (like, I remember a location shot -- interior -- where Paul went to meet Carl...like inside a courthouse or something). Victor wasn't a part of that.

Now you have me curious to hunt down exact dates!

ETA: The body language and frozen facial expressions in some of those shots was just amazing. Could Jeanne Cooper and Melody Thomas Scott and Doug Davidson REALLY not have been there?? Since Adrienne Frantz and Doug Davidson both trashed his public contract complaints, I'm not surprised they were there. But Bergman also trashed him...so the shot of those two standing there with a small safe distance is very cool. Joshua Morrow didn't attend either? And of course not TheStafford. Or were these folks there but just not photographed? Inquiring minds want to know....

• Members

There's a real awkwardness in a number of them, and in some, I wonder how much alcohol was consumed.

Liz Hendrickson has a "get away from me" vibe in both her photos.

Does Amelia Heinle ever look happy?

How is it that we see more of Tonya Lee Williams in these photos than we have on Y&R in over six months?

Some of these photos seem to be speaking to fans.

MAB: Look at how sedately I'm dressed! This is my All About Eve dress.

Billy Miller: I HAVE BIG TEETH! I'M OWNING IT!

Poor lady who played Sabrina. I never thought she was unattractive, I just thought she looked exotic, but that clown lipstick does her no favors. Does she borrow makeup from Frantz?

• Members

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_and_the_Restless) says that the first day of 60-minute episodes was February 4, 1980.

Eric Braeden's first day -- according to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000967/filmoseries#tt0069658)-- was allegedly 2 February, 1980. I did not remember them being that close in time.

But IMDB has to be wrong, because 2/2 was a Saturday! http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=1980 So that doesn't coincide with either a Canadian or a US episode. It will be interesting to see if we can find the real date. Maybe when these pics hit the soap mags, they'll have an actual first date. I also searched Meg Bennett, who debuted on the same day...nothing.

• Members

She really does.

No. In her defense, since November 2007, we've seen her with infants that are up all night. In this pic, she's only about 1.5 months post-partum AND she has already been back at work for a few weeks.

It is lovely she's there! She looks happy, and Braeden doesn't look so frozen with her.

Rowell tweeted that she was there (she met Muhney for the first time, and they were a mutual admiration society)...but she didn't make any pictures. So this is partly some CBS publicist's idea of what should be shown.

I wonder if it was at all awkward to have Rowell there...since she lobbied so heavily for her job...and her bad blood with Bergman. The whole affair must have been utterly WEIRD.

It is more than the lipstick. She's shiny, with dark circles under her eyes. This is a woman who clearly profited from the makeup department, and she suffers for the lack of it.

Or Joshua Morrow or Michelle Stafford.

But Melody has been a clear public supporter. She was at his Walk-of-Fame star unveiling. She was at his The Man Who Came Back premiere (the one Morrow and Heinle showed up for, but were turned away because they didn't have tickets). So I wonder if her absence is more of a protest regarding whatever sh!tty contract she's under. (With her lack of appearances, I'm feeling like she "won" having no pay cut, but her guarantee has been cut to zilch. Something is truly odd).

I'm hoping for other pics of the event (on twitter, in the mags, somewhere)...so we can see who else was there.

Well, we're seeing that with both Case and Muhney. And Braeden specifically named them -- and Melody -- as his "supporters" during the contract break. So this is now his "inner circle".

This is why I'm distrusting all those Muhney tweets that make it sound like he's leaving. I think he's under Braeden's protection, and even now, I think that still means something. But maybe I'm wrong...

Archived