Eric Braeden Celebrates 30 Years on Y&R

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's kind of cool that the lady who played Sabrina + Tonya Lee Williams + Victoria Rowell all showed up. EB did say that he and the-lady-who-played-Sabrina struck up a friendship, and his pics with TLW seem relaxed and sweet.

Physically, I think MAB looks ok here. Her hair is neat and her face radiates health. The outfit... is ill-fitting. I don't know about weight gain but I guess next to the Victoria Rowells, CLBs and Elizabeth Hendricksen's of this world, anybody could look sturdy. EH is teensy.

Does anybody know if Eileen Davidson was at the celebration? She and EB always seemed to have a good working relationship.

• Members

Wikipedia says that Raya Meddine is scheduled to appear in Spielberg's When Worlds Collide, but there is no mention of that in the IMDB (not that IMDB is a hugely reliable source anyway).

IMDB lists her as Annesha in Sex and the City 2. :unsure:

• Members

And, by the way, I think Raya Meddine had that Arab aristocracy look that made her look like real royalty compared to that Bavarian milkmaid Nikki. It was a cringeworthy character and the story sucked, everyone knows that, but she was, kind of, a breath of fresh air after all the Nikkis, Ashleys and Dianes.

• Members

I think it's obvious that Braeden sent the invites and not the producers... Braeden and Rowell are close ever since the rec center story. Interesting that you mention Eileen Davidson, Cat - I wondered about her, too. Maybe she just wasn't available that night...

As for Muhney: he often comes of very ass-kisserish when it comes to Braeden but maybe he just really admires Mr Mumbles. In his first interviews talked about his own German roots so maybe the two actors have a rapport which stretches over the mere working stuff.

• Members

MAB just tried to hard. I also liked the actress and considered her fresh air but the writing was just all kinds of wrong and uber-rushed and kitschy.

BTW, cannot believe no one cherished the sight of Amelia Heinle at the party. So this probably means that FauxVickie is coming back very soon. Hooray! Now isn't that splendid news... *rolls eyes*

• Members

ITA with both your statements. Meddine exuded a lot of class and she was different, not just because of her slight French-Canadian accent and dramatic looks, but also her acting and delivery was a contrast to a lot of other Y&R actors. She was extremely naturalistic. Sheilaforever, as you say, it was the over-rushed writing that ruined her potential on the show, and the fact that they isolated her for a long while with only Heinle or Braeden as screen partners. Drawing reaction out of Heinle was like drawing blood from a stone, and choosing to have half of Victor and Sabrina's dialogue in French was a big mistake. Y&R is geared to a US audience!

• Members

Victoria will be back very soon,

The French stuff and all the cooing was unbearable but I did think Victor/Sabrina was something different, which was needed for the character, and there was a lot of interesting long term story. This regime, as often happens with them, used her as a scapegoat and hid behind Sabrina's brutal and endless death as a way to act like they had "saved" the show. I guess the laugh on them was that stories which might have been planned for her (the gaslighting and all the stuff with the Adam relationship) stunk up the show after her sudden death.

• Members

It was all very amateurish. Gross. Maria Arena just didn't know how to pull that stuff. She just created an alter-ego of herself and named her after her own daughter.

That Costelana (vs. Arena) surname + art consultant from Florence... You don't have to add it up, it's visible from a mile away what Maria was trying to achieve.

Archived