OLTL: update on the opening

• Members

Hey guys. Continuing the idea of messaging stars about the opening (as I did with AMC's Natalie Hall), I messaged OLTL's David Gregory to ask him if he had filmed his footage yet (and gave him some encouraging words about Ford, haha). He seems like a great guy!

"Hey, no not yet... not sure how often they re-do those.

Thanks for watching and liking Ford - he can be kind of a douchebag sometimes. Its so good to hear he's got ppl in his corner LOL

best to you buddy

david"

So bottom line is that the new opening that I assume will debut after

will either not feature Ford or won't air for a while.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool....it *seems* like I heard somewhere that OLTL routinely updates the opening every 13 weeks. However, I cannot remember when the last update was.

Plus, I know that sometimes contracts mess things up....like Paul Satterfield still being in the opening a couple of months after he left the show, because of contract issues.

So who knows?

I'm reading for an entirely new opening alltogether myself.

• Members

I dont think One Life to Live is the shows whose opening credits are bad..

it's GH whose opening is a joke....I mean Sarah Brown was on the show for TWO YEARS and never made it into the opening...and all the guys that are in that ending shot are either killed off, or left the show..

However, GH's opening is one of the few memories we have of some loved but departed characters... :/

Here is to ALL soaps getting a revamped opening.

• Members

I didn't think he was, and he may not understand that whole contract/recurring opening credits deal. Of course exceptions have been made in the past right, like Jill Larson and Catherine Hickland (?) If he's NOT on contract and got in the credits before Renee, Nigel, even David, now that would be a problem.

• Members

Gotcha, thanks. I feel like a year was wise, I mean for how long can we stretch out the Ford/Langston/Markko thing? But maybe he'll get all Rexified and before you know it he's Mitch's son by Allison Perkins. :o I shouldn't have said that out loud. :P

Archived