AMC Monday 1/25/10

• Members

I loved Adam's stipulation that Annie will lose the bulk of her inheritance if she falls in love again and that Scott will be the one to decide whether her long-term relationship is real. This is just the type of scheme Adam would have used to test his wives in the past.

It was nice to see Opal used so much today even if the break-in story is starting to feel obvious. Why would someone be carrying around a copy of Hayley's documentary?

I wish Brot/Natalia would flirt more now that they're working so closely together a la Moonlighting.

I really like how the writers are building up Colby & JR's sibling relationship, although I know it will just make her even more hurt when the truth about his cancer comes out.

I could have done without Shecky Martin seeing Liza naked, though. It's clear Pratt's work is still airing!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that the will scenes were definitely Classic Adam and well done. I also liked the interaction between Colby/JR and Colby/Scott. And I do think that Scott and Annie have chemistry, I could see them as a couple. But I don't know how that will come about. Adam seems to really respect/care for Scott, he would be really hurt if Scott/Annie cheated while Annie is still married to Adam. Maybe they won't get together until after Annie/Adam end.

:lol:

RPG's Jake is pretty goofy.

Not that many characters on today. I am not really interested in Bailey a whole lot. Even though Liza seems to really care about her and the baby.

• Members

I don't like how they're prepping us up to care about Damon. I realize that the actress is young and she doesn't want to relocate to L.A., but not going forward with Bailey but with Damon seems like too many degrees of separation here. At least recast Bailey.

• Members

I think his tie will be Colby. Adam just had his will change to cut Colby off if she marries outside her class. In comes Damon and Im sure thats where the story is heading. I wonder if Bailey dies and Colby gets close to Damon so she can raise Stuart.

• Members

He does have a tendency to act like this. One day I wonder if he will bust out and try to do something like one of the Czech brothers routine from SNL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SaKYFR6ms&feature=PlayList&p=8BB4B7A08BB5430D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

I think that his repeating stuff and doing all the comic stuff, is him trying to make his character seem more "natural". But it makes his character seem really goofy, IMO.

I think that for the most part RPG's Jake is okay, he's the only Martin on canvas that I think is okay. But I think that he's really goofy and not very sexy. My favorite Jake was J. Eddie Peck's Jake, because I thought he was sexy and for the most part I liked his personality.

• Members

I haven't liked Jake since early 1998. Then, later that year, he did the STUPIDEST thing and decided to be Liza's sperm donor, and made Allie feel like she was the crazy one for finding something horribly wrong about her fiance fathering a child with her best friend. His arrogance was born and has only grown ever since.

• Members

I don't think I've really cared for a MARTIN since about that time.... with Joe gone and Tad long passed his expiry date I think its time to phase em out if you ask me.

I've finally started to watch everyday again and I am gradually finding redeeming things about this show. I think Adam's display around his will is very spot on in terms of what the character would do. I like it. I still though can't stomach this Adam/Annie relationship. I remember when it was first hinted at last May and thinking I could so get behind this. Yeah, never happened. It will be interesting to see just how quickly the marriage does fall apart. Its quite clear with those not so subtle gazes Scott and Annie had today that they will be in the sac before too long. Weren't they making out and Adam caught them on tape a month or two ago?

• Members

My least favorite Jake was Michael Lowry's Jake. I like J. Eddie's Peck Jake the best, I enjoyed his relationship with Greenlee and the triangle between him, Greenlee and Leo.

Tad is one of my least favorite characters on the show. I definitely think that a lot of damage has been done to his character.

I thought that Jeff was okay the last time around, in spite of him cheating with Erica. And I like seeing Ruth when she pops up from time to time. But other than that I don't really care for the Martins a whole lot.

Also I don't like Adam and Annie as a couple either. I do see chemistry between her and Scott, and think that she is better suited for him. Though I don't know how the writers are going to go about putting those two together. Adam and Scott are pretty close and Annie doesn't seem to want to upset Adam at all, so I don't know if they are going to be cheating.

Archived