AMC Monday 1/25/10

• Members

Damon is at least a decent actor, but I kinda agree... Still, the show actually needs more young characters (a rarity in soaps recently) so I'm willing to see where they go with him.

I liked today's show, nothing amazing but I'm enjoying the show more and more lately. I'm kinda on the fence with RPG as Jake--I like him MUCH MUCH more than I ever liked Michael Lowry's take on the roe (funny, I didn't mind him on One Life this year), or Peck's last little while in the role, though liked his take better. I agree the shtick has gotten old, but if tha can be toned down a bit I'm glad to keep him around.

I don't see JR and Natalia together at all, and I like her with Brott, but I agree about nuColby really growing on me (about time they found a capable actress for the role). Jr and Madison isn't a bad pairing if Madison gets a bit of her edge back...

god, Campbell as Bobby has got to be one of the biggest examples of a waste of an interesting actor and character coming back and being completely completely not used. And AMC has had a lot of those the past ten years, but...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going for tact in this post. I have real problems with this Natalia/Brot romance. Brot is a nice guy, but the actor is not particularly good and AMC is never going to make a disfigured actor a major lead. The actress who plays Natalia is really good. She is beautiful, yes, but most importantly she is really talented. She is the best actress on the show right now. She should not be appearing a few minutes per week. She should be paired with a leading man so AMC can take advantage of her talent and give her major screen time. For now, I would pair her with JR because he is a leading man paired with a weak character played by a mediocre actress. I would love to see Natalia in the middle of the Chandler family conflict, taking on Adam and Annie. Natalia would be fierce.

• Members

Calm down, she's back on contract. Don't need to lay it on sooo thick.

But, seriously. I found her scenes to be rather incidental. Nothing struck me as being that gut busting hilarious.

While I could take Christian Campbell or leave him, I never understood the deep seated hatred some fans had for him.

It's funny you bring up Sam Page being wasted while they kept Aiden Turner for all those years (while I found Sam Page to be nothing extraordinary as some other fans have, I agree that Aiden Turner was a waste of money and space on the canvas for seven years), because Sam Page and Aiden Turner both auditioned for Trey. Maybe if Aiden had gotten Trey, he would've been written out in a year and we wouldn't have had to suffer his useless presence. Harsh of me, I know, but damn! I was screaming: "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" when ABC announced he had finally been given the axe.

Which brings me back to Christian Campbell -- how he and Bobby were sacrificed at the altar of Aiden and Aidan... and for what? His relationship with that bland Anita went nowhere because Aiden Turner is not a leading man... which brings me to...

Thank you, Beth Ehlers. JR is not a leading man. Jacob Young's version of JR will always and forever be in the same class as Billy Warlock's version of AJ Quartermaine. A whiny, immature, self pitying loser who needs a bland, boring nurse maid like Mabe (or in AJ's case, Courtney) to coddle him. Hardly a "leading man." Natalia's done nothing to deserve being saddled with that jackass.

• Members

You are welcome, Charles Pratt. This isn't about if I think that JR is a leading man or not, it is about how AMC perceives the character of JR versus Brot. AMC clearly views JR as a leading man so he gets loads of airtime deserved or not. I want Natalia to get this kind of airtime. She doesn't have to stay with JR, but it is a start to getting her more airtime.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing a new man be cast for Natalia. They bring on people like Damon and Bailey, they could bring in a new guy for Natalia. I could see a lot of possibilities as to what type of guy they could bring on her for her. Here are some possible scenarios for love interests that I can think of for Natalia.

They could bring on a new guy and make him a detective who she has to work closely with. Maybe they could clash while they are at work.

They could bring on a new guy and make him a doctor that works with Angie and Frankie. Maybe he could rub one or both Frankie and Angie the wrong way, but he falls for Natalia.

Or they could bring in a rich guy who is working with or against Chandler and he could fall for Natalia. He could be her complete opposite, rich privileged , used to getting what he wants. And he falls for Natalia and she tries to resist him, because she might think he's not her type.

He could be a different race from her or they could cast a young black male in the role. Hopefully someone around Frankie's age, or not that much older than Frankie I wouldn't want to see Natalia with a guy who is several years older than her.

• Members

I like all your ideas. It would be good for AMC to bring on a new male for Natalia. There is room for one with TK's departure. However, AMC seems determined to feature DV as the only younger African American leading lady. Until AMC's comes to value Natalia, she will be continually shunted aside.

• Members

I have been thinking for a while now that Jesse and Angie should get a house. Especially since they have two children, a daugther-in-law (for now) and might have grandchildren someday. The writers could have them buy Jack's house. He has that big house that he built for Erica and their children. But Erica's kids are gone and the Montgomery kids are gone. The new house that Jack built would be a nice place for the Hubbards to live at.

Archived