AMC: 40th Anniversary Promo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taylor Miller on the AMC 40th anniversary

http://www.ourprattville.com/entertainment/movies-music-tv/an-our-prattville-exclusive-interview-with-taylor-miller-actress-speaks-about-her-life-and-all-my-children

Taylor Miller: You know for the 40th anniversary show, I think I had two lines but I did them as Nina because I understand the character. But, that’s the brilliant thing about playing a character for so long because you can look at those lines and you are that person. So, when I went back I went up to the studio and Teddy and Rusty were there … all of the stage managers who had lost their jobs after working there for 30 years – all of the people were there. They were like, “Hey Taylor!” And I’m like, “Nina’s back in town!”

Everybody was hugging me and it was so great! I can’t even tell you what a great experience I had going back. I feel so lucky to have been able to go back and see that again because it was such a great time of my life.

Melissa Parker (Our Prattville): Did you have any scenes with James Mitchell?

Taylor Miller: No, it was not written as scenes. It was written as introducing clips. They didn’t bring the character back to interact with anyone. The things that they show happened back when ABC daytime was brilliant.

Melissa Parker (Our Prattville): So this is a flashback episode.

Taylor Miller: Yeah, a walk down memory lane. And the people who have been watching the show for a while would totally enjoy it or if they have wondered why somebody did whatever they’ll go, “Oh wait a minute, that makes sense now.”

• Members

I love that too, because they totally deserve it and like any good family reunion, somebody's gonna get called out. ABC Daytime, you are certainly not what you used to be and you've done your fair share of actors wrong. Don't sleep and think that just because you dusted off some vets, they'll sit politely in the corner with tape over their mouths.

Archived