New Days Promo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol, Nathan is in his mid 20's cuz hes a dr, and a few years older than melanie who is 20.

but then again philip is pushing 30 now thanks to sorasing again many times as adults.

yea, that shot is so ali sweeney from tbl because it matches jill and bobs, however other days stars also have shots done.

• Members

Oh, I know. But they're all tweens to me. He might wear scrubs but he still looks and acts like a 17 year old. Still has no business being a foil for someone like Phillip. It's like they lump all their teens and 20-somethings together in one big group, when in reality, they'd NEVER cross paths.

A good balanced canvas should have a group of teens, a group of mature 20-somethings, some thirty and forty-somethings, some fifty-somethings and some matriarch/patriarch characters. DAYS is woefully out of balance.

• Members

Maybe I'm confused on what you are saying, but I think the show has a rather distinct teen group (Mia/Will/Chad/Gabi) and a distinct twenty something group (Phillip/Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan). The only real overlap between the two groups is Melanie/Mia because they are living with Maggie and are involved in Carly's mystery daughter plot. I think you are referring to the over lap between the twenty-something/thirty something group with characters like Arianna/Brady/Melanie/Nathan all being rather friendly. I think the intention was to have Brady take on Max's role as brother figure for Melanie with Darren Brooks departure, but maybe it plays out as odd for some individuals.

We can all argue about Phillip's involvement all we want, but the show worked with what they had. Darren Brooks and Rachel Melvin were leaving so the Stephanie/Melanie/Phillip triangle became the it story, for the younger set, by default. Working with what you have is smart, and one of the reasons I think "Days of our Lives" was able to maintain its number during a rough transition. Phillip, by storyline default, became a part of the younger set for a second decade. Jay Kenneth Johnson looks young enough to me to pull it off, but I can see where those who associate Phillip with Chloe and Belle would see him out of place in his current grouping.

For a relatively small cast, I feel the groupings are rather tight and the overlap allows for story to develop.

Archived