Scenes That Rubbed You The Wrong Way, But Had A Different Intent

• Members

I think he did it on purpose. He had a pissed off look on his face as he saw it, the suspenseful music cue started, and then moments later, he purposely flung his coat to the location of the picture frame.

Isn't it! :)

Yes, and I'm still wondering where the great stories are? While I will admit B&B has been somewhat more stable lately, I hardly find this to be one of the best eras of the show, but considering how that show has been most of this decade, anything can look good in comparison.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just glad that Ronn Moss actually acted during those scenes with an appropriate amount of repulsion and did not kiss her back. I used to have a banner that read, first you were my father, then you were my brother and now you can be my lover. Perceived incest on soaps drives most people off. I work with a bunch of guys who don't watch soaps but went ewww when they heard that the actor who plays "Dexter" married his onscreen sister.

• Members

That wasn't why Liz brought that up. She did to shut up the twit who didn't know what the hell she was talking about in regards to Emily, Nik, Liz & Lucky.

She didn't use her rape to cover her cheating.

Something that rubbed me the wrong way, Rebecca using her dead twin's memory to scam Emily's family, then wahing about it once she got busted, and continually acting like a two faced bitch. Then Em's family falling all over themselves for this con artist just because she looks like Emily. At least Tracy wasn't buying that ish.

Plus anything with Jason and Sonny rubs me the wrong way.

• Members

I said that Liz brought it up bc it was GHs way of getting sympathy for the character. The writers have to know she's looking horrible in this story and going back to the rape, when she was her most vulnerable was a silly trick to get the audience to feel sorry for her. And yes Elizabeth DID use her rape to cover up her cheating. Rebecca was fired up and about to reveal to Lucky that she was sleeping with Nik. Liz blurted out the rape to shut her up which YOU just mentioned. For Rebecca to continue to antagonize Liz and proceed to expose her after that would made her look like the evil miserable bitch and taken some of that way from Liz. She knew what she was doing. Elizabeth has grown very manipulative and has been a pro at lying and cheating. She doesnt have Sam nor Lucky to hide behind to blame for her actions and she sure as hell doesnt have Rebecca. Nope this is all on Liz. GH can bring up the rape and every other horrible thing thats happened to her in the past, but its not going to erase or take away from what she's doing and thats acting like a tramp

• Members

I love that! It's fantasy and not meant to be a realistic depiction of anything. Erica Kane is according to AMC the worlds most beautiful, most famous, most exciting, dynamic, and challenging woman any man will ever meet. And every man will fall for her if she decides she wants them to. I love this unrealistic and cartoonish fantasy they concocted, and I think where AMC lost me is when they diminished Erica to highlight Greenlee. Suddenly there was a new wannabe in town but it just doesn't work because with Erica you can make allowances you can't for anyone else. She can scare a bear off, go to prison in heels, be a super model at 5'2", be called the most beautiful woman on earth despite a pronounced nose, and all of that. No one else can. Her allure is timeless, just like in Star Trek Capt Kirk slept with every woman in the galaxy, or Batman's belt can hold anything he wants no matter how big it is: it is just the way it is. Just about every character on soaps is more realistic than her, and perhaps that is one of the reasons she rose to the very top of the heap.

• Members

Nick and Sharon making a big deal out of Cassie and/or her drawing rubs me the wrong way. The way the writers use her memory to make "subtle" hints for her parents to reunite or for them to cheat on their significant others. The only way for the family to be perfect is for her to be their or her replacement, Faith. It's like they put Cassie on this pedestal and Noah is an afterthought. Like Noah himself isn't good enough for him.

I'm sure this is just me, but I can't help feeling Noah is second place to Cassie, maybe even third with Faith.

• Members

No, it's not just you. I'm glad you brought this up. I got that feeling earlier this year in particular and that's why I was hoping he would emancipate himself from them.

I was appalled that they used Cassie's memory to condone whoring around. That's what this was. It was not love, or fate. She was "loving" two other men at the same time.

The show should have never had them have sex during that storyline. It made both characters and their love look cheap. They could have gotten remarried and then had the miracle child.

I also hate fake, made up memories which viewers know did not happen. That damn teddy bear tree and all the endless recitations of the happy family Newman Christmases. I don't think so.

Archived