AMC: Full episodes now online at ABC.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they've offered this service for GH for more than a year now. I guess its been successful so time to include the red-headed step children of the line up.

It doesn't matter for me since you have to be in the USA in order to view their websites video content.

• Members

I prefer watching GH on ABC.com instead of watching live. I don't know what it is, but the show just looks better and has more depth when I watch it online. The experience is way better than CBS' constantly skipping video and horrible playback quality.

I can't wait to see what AMC is gonna look like in HD.

• Members

I watch GH exclusively online when I do catch the show myself. I dont watch live bc I cant FF and I dont want to waste space DVRing it bc I dont care about it enough to do so. What I prefer about ABC is that you can pause the show and come back to it an hour or more later and resume where you left off. For some reason on CBS.com, if you pause it for more than 30 minutes or so, the video freezes and you have to reload it. Gets so annoying

• Members

Have you noticed GH has also improved playback, so you don't have to "click here to continue" everytime a segment ends? That got so annoying after awhile, especially when all I wanted to do was sit back and watch.

I'm just in love with how smooth playback is for the ABC player. I hope they don't start eventually charging for their HD content, because that would suck. And no, I would not pay for it.

• Members

CTV owns all A Channel stations which air AMC in Canada. Thanks Toups for bringing that to my attention! I did not know that.

You really think ABC would spend the money in moving AMC across the country to an HD equipped studio to turn around and cancel it in 9 months? Maybe by this time in 2 years time, but I definitely think AMC has at least that long at this point. That's just my opinion though.

• Members

They put GH online earlier this year. I tend to just have a GH/DAYS marathon every weekend. I liked the click to continue option for ad's because it let me run and do something and have the ad play out instead of having to pause in the ad and come back and continue watching it etc. There was an option to turn that off but people didn't look around long enough to find it.

The player quality really comes down to internet speed because at my apartment all the networks players play fine but at my parents house I have trouble with all of them.

Archived