OLTL Would Be Wise to Pick Up A Few ATWT Characters

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Should the cabin lose pressure in the event of an emergency... be sure to adjust your own oxygen mask first before assisting others."

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the better actors in long- or short-term stints over at OLTL, but I don't like the idea of taking on ATWT characters. And RH fans would fight you unless the *real* Todd has been masquerading as Paul in Oakdale.

At least P&G's AW, ATWT, and GL were soap siblings, and as intriguing as the idea of Felicia soap hopping on ABC sounded, the idea still felt a little weird to me. Of course Felicia probably would have been a lot more interesting than Gretel Rae, but at least there was freedom to create story (good or bad) without the weight of her AW history being dragged along with her. And you can't do Felicia without Cass and Lorna, maybe they would have even brought along Sergei. I think Felicia on ABC would have had to have been more like really long versions of Betty White's cameos on the NBC soaps, Look, it's Linda Dano! Geesh, the more I think about it the more the whole thing sounds so '80s! :lol:

• Members

Is this true? I read the reason some AW characters went to ATWT is because P&G didn't want to have to pay out their contracts, so they let them finish them up on ATWT.

I can't see OLTL fans being all that happy that characters from a canceled soap are coming to their show and taking airtime away from their characters.

• Members

Yes, just like that.

The very thought of putting an ATWTer or two on another show on another network is just so strange to me. People always say things like, "Well, it wouldn't make sense for so-and-so to return because he/she really doesn't have any current ties to the canvas." I never subscribed to that thought, but I don't see how transplanting someone from one soap to a completely unrelated soap would be any better.

I'd be more inclined to see some ATWTers mix it up on Y&R or B&B. Katherine and Lucinda? Come on, you know that [!@#$%^&*] would be gold. Nuke could be Jackie M.'s gay bodyguards.

Archived