AMC: SoapNet's Best of the Decade

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess this tells us Bianca probably is gone for good, aside from a brief spot here and there, perhaps. That they ignored the whole thing entirely.

I do find it funny that they heap such praise on Carmen when she didn't even get an exit, did she? Kind of a poke at AMC, probably not intentional.

I agree with some of their choices. I don't really agree with Leo and Greenlee as "fun couple." They had some banter before they got together, but the rest was Leo telling her to grow up, and by the end, endless loops of "PARIS PARIS I WANT TO GO TO PARIS!!!" and "I HATE YOUR FAMILY, THEY'RE EVIL, ME ME ME, NOT FAMILY, ME!!!"

• Members

weird, must have missed this. Yeah, I guess it was the best story of the decade for AMC. I don't know that I was rooting for Babe all that much, but that story had some great aspects to it, and some really great moments. I loved Erica saying she doesn't need DNA because she has K-A-N-E, and Asa wanting to smack JR was great. I loved Asa, he was so unique. I liked Vanessa, and Marj Dusay is a daytime gem. I know I am probably in a minority of one, but I would have found someway to include Josh finding out Erica was his mother in there somewhere. That episode where it was all at the nightclub and someone broadcast the info over the loudspeaker and it all went into slow motion was really excellent.

• Members

I kind of wish they prolonged the baby switch story, not just for a few more months, but actually years. To have Little Adam raised in Llanview for a few years and then have Babe raise Miranda for a few years, I think the payoff would've been even greater.

Soaps don't really plant seeds like this and revisit it down the road. The last time I remember this happening is when Stuart pretended to be Adam during the divorce hearing with Erica. Years later, they revisited that when Adam threatened to go public that Bianca was an illegitimate child (!) and refused to give Erica a real divorce because he fell in love with her again.

• Members

While I hated the idea of Bianca being raped and a baby switch thereafter, the actors/writing was outstanding and the story kept me hooked from beginning to end.

ITA about JErica's wedding. It was the best wedding, EVER, and worth the wait. :wub: I loved how they did it in Florida with only their family around them. We need this back, IMO

Archived