SPOILER- Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki)

• Members

Ok I just got this from my source about what is happening with MTS. Bascially SONY wants Nikki to be put on recurring status but Melody wants to stay on Y&R so she is unhappy about that. Even though MTS resigned with Y&R this summer, Sony wants to change the details of her contract. They are negotiating at the moment with her. But Melody does not like what they are proposing so she may not be returning either after Nikki is written out with Victor.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This wouldn't be much of a surprise, sadly. They have phased her out for well over a year now. I'm sure they consider it an honor that they might let her show up every so often when her kids have yet another big event.

What do they think of Hogan and Rauch?

• Members

:lol: Everybody feels low! Everybody feels high! (cue shaky shot of Vamptoria)

Oh, look! International business mogul Victor is digging up the yard behind an abandoned hut. Aka "the Newman ranch."

Lonely for Nick, Sharon goes looking for battery-operated "toys" and wanders into the nearest Sony retailler.

Adam hangs out in a church for no particular reason. Irony!

• Members

Are they only allowed to recruit from Port Charles?

From Toups' archive:

So its between The Cullitons, Essensten/Brown and Karen Harris. I'm sure Essensten/Brown would be the favourites after their *stellar* run on AMC, and vouched for by JHC, Babs' close friend. 3rd time lucky (to kill the show off)?

• Members

Honestly I know it won't happen, but I wish Jack Smith and Kay Alden would return. I don't think the show is going to have any luck with all these outsiders. They've tried twice, once radical and once with someone closer to the fold but still new blood. I feel those two worked on the show for many years, know how to write a soap opera and understood the way Y&R should be written. I also think they'd do better now that a lot of the heavy work has been done for them. MAB/LML haven't showcased the families well, but they have brought back many characters so there are solid family units to work with. Smith/Alden did write families well so they could help tie the loose Chancellor, Abbott, Williams and Winters family members together. Both also were great for minority characters which is an area missing. I'd love Deigo and Raul to return as well as the Winters.

Honestly I know it won't happen, but I wish Jack Smith and Kay Alden would return. I don't think the show is going to have any luck with all these outsiders. They've tried twice, once radical and once with someone closer to the fold but still new blood. I feel those two worked on the show for many years, know how to write a soap opera and understood the way Y&R should be written. I also think they'd do better now that a lot of the heavy work has been done for them. MAB/LML haven't showcased the families well, but they have brought back many characters so there are solid family units to work with. Smith/Alden did write families well so they could help tie the loose Chancellor, Abbott, Williams and Winters family members together. Both also were great for minority characters which is an area missing. I'd love Deigo and Raul to return as well as the Winters.

And of course Ed Scott is the only EP for Y&R. I think people forget how great the show was looking when he left. He did amazing things like Devon's trip to the zoo many were confused about. They didn't know if it was location or studio. And I LOVED Sharon and Nick's fabulous plane crash which was brilliantly executed. Are those scenes on YouTube? He also is the best one to deal with this budget crisis considering what he did at DAYS. He made that show look AMAZING on a tiny budget, so lord knows what he would do here. I also wouldn't mind him at AMC, but that show is just dead.

Archived