SPOILER- Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki)

• Members

I think they kept her around as long as they did because they knew none of the others would be able to sell the story. What bothered me is they repeatedly had characters say Traci probably wouldn't be back, which is basically telling viewers, "Say goodbye to Traci." There's no reason why Traci has to stay away, never to return. There's no reason why they had to kill off her daughter. Her work in this story has been phenomenal and her reward is to never return? I did like what they gave her but it's sad that the standard is now so low, I just have to appreciate she left alive.

I won't be surprised if they still get rid of MTS, or don't use her very much. Ashley still loves Victor and usually, she gets over his bad behavior. I'm sure as soon as Adam is revealed, she will go back to Victor.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl... it's just the opposite. The writers were sending a message in today's dialogue... Ashley was saying that she might not want to come back.... but Jack said, "Yeah... she'll be back". that was foreshadowing, dear. She'll be back I'm sure. That reminds me, I need to email Beth.

• Members

Our track record on predicting what is good and reasonable has not been so good lately :lol: .

Truth is, they have only brought Traci back for "events" for some time now. This visit was different because it was longer and much more emotional.

I think we're back to where we were...sporadic, brief appearances. She will be back...but never again as a contracted regular on the front burner or even in a strong supporting role.

And, to be clear, this is a decision that was made long ago. Who first ditched her (i.e., took her off contract)? Wasn't it William Bell himself?

• Members

Beth Maitland first left when her first contract expired.I think she was still married to Brad,but Traci decided to pursue her career.

She returned a year later(87,I think) and stayed around for another 6 years.

Yes,it was Bill Bell that wrote Traci off at that time.She has been recurring ever since.

• Members

But that was before John Abbott was killed off and the Abbot's lost their emotional core. Traci is the only one in the family suitable to take his stabilizing presence, IMO. Traci is needed more than ever now.

Though, it's probably better she's away from the show with this writing regime. We wouldn't want to see her raped, killed, or constantly victimized.

Archived