Rihanna - Rated R

Sylph

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!

The song is... not what I expected. Perhaps foolishly, I thought it would have been some crazy, fucked up dance-y song. Is she channeling Beyonce? The song reminded me of that a little bit... I kinda liked the idea of the melody, especially the Chorus, but the execution was TERRIBLE. :blink:

• Members

They ARE? :o:o:o I can't see this as a "banger" unless people start "banging" when they hear this.... ;)

God what were they thinking?

It sounds like a Beyonce reject song... and Rihanna does not have the voice for that.

And, may I add, that photo??? Jeez..... :lol:

• Members

I sort of took note of the lyrics of this song, really deep and thought-provoking. However, I think this would be better as a second or third single. It doesn't sound like a strong lead-off. Or maybe she could be trying to pull a Beyonce on us by having a ballad and a "banger" at the same time. Different strokes for different folks.

• Members

Second single... s0yeyq.gif

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCA8OhqrBEA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCA8OhqrBEA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCA8OhqrBEA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to say... I absolutely love Russian Roulette! Ever since I heard it on The Hills (!) it just won't get out of my head. And the scene where Audrina leaves was so suited for it.

I only listened to the album once and found it unbelievably bland, but now that I've read what other people are saying (and they're enormously positive, proclaiming that this album has elevated her from pop star to pop artist and she's only 21 (!)), I have to re-listen and see what happens.

• Members

I love RR too, but it's the only true standouts. The stans talking about how brilliant this album is are crazy. If anybody else released this album it wouldn't be heralded as one of those great "should be hit" albums. It's terrible. Like you said it's bland and the production is weak. The two follow up singles are terrible and she wants fans to choose between two songs for the fourth single. I forget which two tracks they were, but even the stans were saying those two tracks were weak. I like Rude Boy and Cole Case Love, but overal it sucks.

I think it is pitiful that they're selling the album for 99 cents. If they are that desperate to have good first week sales, then imagine how bad he long term sales will be. There truly arent't good singles that will be major hits. It's obvious the label indulged her and she has no talent so what does she know. The next album will be great I'm sure. She won't have any control then.

Archived