Y&R- SPOILER possible New family!

• Members

Yes. I also think Thad Luckinbill is an understated presence and while he isn't that great an actor, I think he usually does what he can. It's hypocritical of me to say that and criticize some others who are low-key, but they have far more opportunity than he does.

I think the show needs a character who is not too heavily tied to the bogged down core families and can be put in other directions. Like how, for a long time, you could put Paul or Brad in almost any story if you wanted to, since they were not deeply indebted to one place.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But care enough to center a whole family around him? But that was his only interesting romance. I did like his friendship with Lauren, and I don't mind JT but he has been in some really boring pairings and has really been diminished as a character these past few years, so to now elevate him as the center of a new family makes little sense.

Weren't you saying that the writers should write him off if they had no interest in writing for him this past summer when he was being backburned and yet now three months later this rumor is out there. I don't get MAB's thinking at all. It seems so random and made up as the show goes along. Aren't these shows supposed to have some kind of long range bible or something? Why do we even need another family?

• Members

It definitely has that feel. So her big plan is to free Ryder (early 20s) from jail, bring on this Daisy (20) character to get involved with Phyllis, get Deacon involved with other characters' stories and eventually bring on Ryder's mom. Does anyone actually care about any of these characters or their stories?

And then her solution to EB leaving is to add four other new characters. Why exactly would she think this is the way to attract more fans already irritated?

She needs to make budget cuts and yet keeps hiring all these new actors. It just doesn't make sense, even on a fundamental level. If you need to save money, have an overtuffed canvas as it is, stop hiring people.

• Members

Oh.....TOTAL....WORD!!!! It REALLY pissed me off that they wanted us to believe a savvy businesswoman like Jill would invest ALL of her money into one shitass bank account. Never once did I think Jill deserved to be filing nails again. As always, I completely understood her reactions, motivations, and the decisions she made throughout Katherine's "death" story. In no way did she deserve to be beaten up and then sh!t on by this writing regime. I know viewers are leaving with EB but make no mistake- when Walton & Jill go, I'm outta there!

Me too. I agree that Luckinbill is not the most polished actor but save Traci, JT is the ONLY character I felt for in this whole Colleen mess. And like him or not, Luckinbill was a big part of that.

• Members

I wonder how many recent viewers even know how important Jill was to Y&R for so long. That if not for Jill, Y&R might not even be on the air now, as her stories with Katherine drove the show for decades.

I remember all the hype from Branco about how the nail salon story was "taking Jill back to her roots", but no way would Bill Bell ever see Jill going back down that far as something hilarious. There was also such casual contempt in there -- oh of course Jill can't find a job anywhere else. And even then, they didn't bother to take the story seriously. There are many people who work their entire career in a nail salon. They could have used that place to let us get to know Jill again, and to introduce new characters. Instead we get a bad joke, a flaccid mess in search of a laugh track.

Archived