Y&R- SPOILER possible New family!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even if it is speculation, it worked once very well (Abbotts) and then in the late90s, to a certain extent -- the Dennisons. This isn't a new soap device. Frankly, I don't think the Newmans are going to be dimished (Nick, Adam, Victoria, Abby). The rivalry with the Abbotts is still strong. Jill can be tied back to Abbotts. As I said on an early post, her character was killed with the P3 disaster.

• Members

I have to give Rauch a hand. more white characters. Less black ones. CKLily will blend in so well with the rest of the white cast. that black viewers going to ask where are the black people are at.

I like JT but his new family isn't going to bring in the ratings like they hope. As long as it's not a balance with the rest of the cast memebers. They brought in the latin & just took them away. Black will be seen once a year. & Lily under CK under this whole white cast is going to become a problem for the show. She doesn't stand out & she just blends in.

But didn't a few years ago they was going ot give JT a younger brother. or that was just viewers wishing for something more for the JT character. Then being Bortoria handbag.

• Members

Even if this turns out to be just fan fiction, the saddest thing of all is that it wouldn't surprise me. These writers think we like surprises every few months when in fact we hate them, especially because they're all unwelcome.

I remember a few months ago when someone told us MAB wanted to kill off Colleen in a drowning accident after Victor got her fired, and then have her heart be given to Victor (and all of this seven months after her father drowned). So yeah, nothing else can surprise as. It can only get worse.

She is one of the people that have been pushing these type of ideas. That whole Colleen drowning thing was revealed to us MONTHS before it happened (which nobody could have known), so this might just be Hogan. Of course, after he heard our reaction "that's stupid, something we'd never do" he went ahead and did it anyway, just for the purpose of surprising us.

• Members

Why? They need to use what they have.

They truly deserve the name IIC

Unless Y&R does like Days did with Jack(who's organs and whatnot were donated), then yeah I agree, but then again, we also saw Jesse on AMC in heaven too, so I doubt something like this would stop them if they ever want to bring her back

• Members

i don't believe this rumor. They mentioned JT's parents being this simple, loving married family for over 30 years or something, when Victoria and Nick were talking. Nobody even cares about JT except when his clothes are off. Thank God JT and fake-toria are both leaving for New York. Take the jet and let Victoria come back played by SOMEBODY who can act and leave JT in New York.

• Members

I'm not buying into this,but then again,stranger things have been happening.

The difference between adding to JT's family and what happened with Paul and Jack was that they were relatively new characters,so it was easy to buy into their families appearing.

In the case of the Williams,the show was expanding to 1 hr,so there was room and a need for new characters.

With the Abbotts,it tied in with the phase out of the Brooks/Fosters.

JT,however has been around for 10 years,so it would be more jarring for never mentioned relatives to arrive.

Have JT's parents ever appeared on the show?

How has their absence been explained at weddings,births etc?

I don't know why characters like this aren't cast for these events.Surely,there are plenty of middle aged actors who would be happy to come in a few days a year to be someone's parent.

• Members

I don't see how. If anything, that should have given her character years of material. Her character was killed when they decided to make her nasty and Katherine the saint of Genoa City. And when they wanted us to LAUGH at her losing everything and going to work filing nails.

If the rivalry with the Abbotts and Newmans involves shallow, boring Billy and the equally vapid Newman brats, then I don't think it's going strong. And all the Newman kids have been seriously damaged by bad writing and at times even worse acting.

I care about JT.

Archived