OLTL: Patricia Mauceri speaks about her firing

• Members

I believe it's that poster's roundabout way of saying homosexuality is deplorable, while heterosexuality - in or outside of marriage - is just dandy. If there were another way of taking it, it would have been stated differently. Of course it won't take a rocket scientist to figure out what we can do with such an opinion.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What in the hell are you telling about? If they wanted Carlotta to suddenly turn into murderer, Mauceri would be as justified in not believing that it was aligned with the character as she is with her reaction to this gay thing. However, I bet that if writers had turned Carlotta into a killer and PM refused to play it, 80% of the people pitching a bitch about her not living up to her "duties" as an actress here wouldn't blink twice.

• Members

Why are people being so dense when it comes to this thing?! It's not about gay or straight, killer or be killed... it's about how she CHOSE to REFUSE to play a scene in a piece of FICTION because it goes against her personal BELIEFS... and is now bitching about the fact that she's been replaced.

That's her job, to act. She refused to do it, the show had no contractual obligation to keep her, and they replaced with an actor who would.

What next? A vegetarian getting a job in a slaughterhouse, only to refuse to kill the cows because it goes against their personal beliefs and then whine to PETA, of all places, because she was fired after refusing to perform a job function that is required in that field?

• Members

I think I understand the new rule: Even when they didn't do anything and tried to keep the bigoted actor on the show, it's still the homosexuals' fault for writing or producing it. They just can't stop their "my gay or the highway" agenda! Even though Carlotta has been gay-friendly for years! Am I right, America? Take it, marceline!

• Members

It's refreshing to see a case where people can't get away with defending a bigot through parsing language, just so they can attack a show. I don't care how I feel about a show, I'd have to be pretty hell-bent on just bashing it on a blanket principle in order to ignore the facts so as to defend Mauceri's side, any side against it.

Archived