Y&R: Gay SL's STILL are coming!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I just put the blame where it belongs. Even YOU were enjoying this show until Sheffer came and put his grubby fingers on the pie. Like I said, the pacing is the biggest problem at this point... I know you keep barking baout Maria being in charge, but let's open our eyes here.... she's letting those two boobs roll over her. It's obvious. If I were to wave a magic wand over this show, I'd get rid of Hamner and Sheffer... have Maria as Executive producer and executive story consultant, while having a co-HW team of Kay Alden and Meg Bennett. I'd fire Rauch and bring in Conboy to produce, and ONLY to produce. And I'd bring in Sally Sussman for breakdowns and let Janice Ferri Esser write as much as she is willing to carry.

• Members

Uh NO. He wasn't. Look for the thread that says "Fire Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell."

Then WHY is she putting up with it? Why isn't she bitching to Billy about it like she allegedly bitched to him to get Josh Griffith fired for tampering with her work?

Bitch is not powerless.

You're just in denial. But I'll enjoy it. It will make Rafe/Phillip's lack of airtime that much more entertaining.

• Members

I'll admit to thinking the show was decent from November to February, but major problems were still apaprent even then, and they've only gotten worse with time. The honeymoon period is long over for MAB and her hacks, they all need to go now. If for some reason Maria can't be removed, I'd be happy with her handing over story control to more competent and yeah, better writers, while she's just there as a figurehead.

I'm not buying this powerless crap, Maria's husband is one of the OWNERS of this show, and if she's the one who has the power to veto any stupid story suggestions from Sheffer and Hamner, but she sure as hell isn't doing it. She seems perfectly content with the way things are, which speaks volumes about her personal taste.

Exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You know, that doesn't surprise me in the least. Thye let them get away with that crap over there, but make some comment about Michelle Stafford looking bad in fuschia, and it gets deleted. They let stuff almost that bad stand over at SOC as well, I've seen it many a time. All kinds of "I don't want gays on my soap opera"... now do you think they'd let it stand if someone went in there and said "I don't want colored people on my soap"? Hell, no. I can't figure them out, anyway.... you can't post a link to a youtube video because they claim it's not "official", but you can put a link to that same video footage from Dickson's website, and theyr'e just fine with that. You can't even post a link to Nelson's interview with the show's freaking HW, cause his site ain't OFFICIAL. Bizarre, if Y&R's OFFICIAL site will let you post links to such things (the Nazis that they are) why won't SOC?

• Members

You skipped the part where the original Estella quit because she didn't want to play an approving mother to a gay Latino. So they re-cast the part, and re-wrote the story just to spite the original actress. Because apparently that's what they do now at Y&R. When an actor quits, they completely change scenes and story just to give said actor their just desserts. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So, Thom Bierdz tells the Advocate that his six month contract is up and he'll be in 8 episodes in November and then he "disappears."

http://advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Television/Soapside_Advocate_Guide_to_Daytime_2009_10_19/

So, umm, alphanguy74, where's your multiple "gay stories" that Maria Arena Bell promised you, and even after Hamner said they had no intention of doing another one, she promised it was still to come? What happened?

Those of us who called this sh!t from the beginning will be, "accepting apologies and grovelling between 3 and 6 PM tomorrow, Eastern daylight time. Please bring some extra virgin olive oil to anoint our feets with. If you don't mind." :lol::P

More proof with Phillip III's glorified extra status on the show since he returned and the fact that there was no followup to that story and Rafe has been a nothing character for months that Maria Arena Bell/Hogan Sheffer/Scott Hamner manipulated the gay community and used these stories as shock tactics, not to represent gay people in any way, shape, or form.

• Members

And I STILL see people saying this is all understandable, because Thom Bierdz can't act. Yes, I'm sure they had years of story planned if Bierdz could act...because the past year has really shown that the only way to get a major story on the show is to be the best actor.

Archived