Y&R: Gay SL's STILL are coming!

• Members

But why would she tell Nelson AFTER all those stories are done that, "There's more on the way. Truuusssss Trussssss. There's more."

Why lie about that? The three stories you mentioned had wrapped up well after Nellie's "On the Red Carpet" interview with Maria. And she ran her mouth and said, "We still plan on telling gay stories." Is Adam porking ****** during November Sweeps a "gay story" too?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And to add more to the story, she has it in his mind that it's not HER decision to renew his contract. That it must be coming from the network. Really?!

That's gotta hurt Bierdz too if he's smarter than he looks on-screen. Knowing that she reached out to him and got him excited for this story and then ditched him. But he probably believes she can do no wrong as well, with him alluding to it being someone from the network or SONY being against it. Which is absurd. That's probably what she told him.

• Members

Phillip's ongoing relationship with his family and Adam admitting sex with Rafe was probably the more in her mind.

What I find pathetic is that TB has to beg the readers of the Advocate to write CBS. His bestest friend Branco and Branco's supporters should have publicly rallied around TB and against MAB months ago. The cut away kiss between Adam and Rafe was outrageous. This isn't the 1960s when Kirk and Uhuru had their cut away kiss on Star Trek. All the people who had so much to say about Engen and those supporters of Luke and Noah kissing like Roger Newcomb should have been vocal against MAB. They should have launched a PR campaign against MAB and demand that she stop screwing around and do a proper gay soap story.

• Members

But isn't it interesting that they're not?

Why? I suspect it is fatigue, disillusionment, giving up.

Why do you think the protest hasn't flared up? Or is Bierdz's interview too new? (I don't think so...the writing has been on the wall for P3 almost from the beginning).

• Members

It was never a game where you either sided with Chris Engen or with Maria Arena Bell and Y&R. I can find Engen's conduct distasteful while also being distinctly unimpressed and uninterested with Y&R. They punked out spectacularly. If you want to suggest to me that my bashing Engen's behavior makes me a "MAB lover" then you'd be woefully misinformed. I could not care less about the woman. What I care about is the tone every discussion of Y&R has taken. It is no longer about Y&R per se. It is about Y&R and bringing other fans of the show to heel.

These playground attacks on one another are clearly not going to stop until every Y&R fan on the board who ever doubted certain posters' brilliance and dared dissent against your soul-shattering prescience about the evils of this creative regime bow down and tongue-bath each one of your scrotums, be they real and hairy or imaginary and gossamer-like. If that's the way you all insist on treating each other, that's fine. I can't stop it and clearly the staff is off whittling kazoos. Just know that to the outside world you all come off like a bunch of varsity squad bitches. The enemy is the show - not each other.

• Members

The Beyotch is a outright liar!! What was the point of bringing Thom B. back??? What was the point of Adam/Rafe?? What was the point with featuring Estella?? What is the point of Adam since you know who is leaving?? What's the point of this whole show??......And I thought ATWT was bad!

• Members

I completely forgot about Estella. They just dropped her didnt they? Now that Patty is being blamed for stalking Ashley, why hasnt someone cleared Estella's name and resotred her reputation? Ashley needs to go and apologize to that woman. Victor too

• Members

I think the interview is too new. And here I was really excited cause I heard about him being on alot in November, so I thought "Maybe we'll finally get our gay SL for November sweeps". But apparently not. I guess it will remain to be seen. But wanting to know who to be mad at is not stupid, or futile. And CBS DOES interefere with shows, they always have, always will. Ethel Winant said in a documentary that CBS HATED the character of Rhoda Morgenstern, she was too loud, brash, too JEWISH. Grant tinker and Ethel had to FIGHT for Valerie to keep her damn job. And she has also said since that NOTHING has changed since 1970 when that went down. Network suits STILL interefere a great deal with all shows. Meg Bennett said as much on soaptalk just two years ago (She said it VERY diplomatically, but the viewer KNEW what she was getting at) ABC doesn't seem to be so gun shy when it comes to gay SL's (Look how fabulous it's done on Brothers And Sisters). CBS is a problem. I just figure if MAB was the bad guy here... we would have heard SOMETHING form SOMEONE on the inside. But she may have everyone fooled.. who knows.

• Members

If Maria cared about gay characters, Phillip would have had a hell of a lot more airtime than 2 or 3 episodes a month since he first landed back in Genoa City. If she didn't want to tell a storyline exploring his sexuality or one with him in a romantic relationship, that's fine. But as it is, his relationships with Jill, Katherine, Nina, Chance, as well as interacting with other characters on the show was very limited and hardly touched on. He was ALMOST NEVER ON, he was a dropped character. No one can explain why they did no followup on Phillip coming back to town and why Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper got nothing substantial to play out of this reveal.

No needs to take any blame away from Maria, when she continues to lie and disappoint.

Looking back, Jeanne Cooper was right to say this entire storyline was "unnecessary."

I don't even need to go into the plot point Rafe was and how he was only used for shock value in that Adam story.

Archived