Y&R: Gay SL's STILL are coming!

• Members

Gloria, Jeffrey, and Neil don't have a storyline and haven't had one in months. I'll maybe give you Paul, but Doug Davidson was also on for like 5 times a month until August.

Neil's last real "storyline" was that custody crap involving Ana, and even that was hardly ever on. Neil's been backburner ever since Dru "died" and that's not changing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if you're being facetious...but this is a valid point. The actor is a 30-year old man, playing a virgin. And he's not even, from what we know, Christian or devout.

But it would be folly to create the gay son of a gay man. Sure, they could do that...but I don't see that as viable on CBS daytime at this time.

I wish they'd just forget it. Gay stories have been/are being done with some skill on AMC, GL, OLTL--even for a time (I know this is controversial) ATWT. Let's leave it at that. The Bell shows should just remain heterosexual bastions.

Unfortunately, these days, they are also white bastions.

• Members

Of course they do... Gloria and Jeffrey's SL is happening NOW. And Neil was given a large role in the whole Cane Reveal/ protecting Lily/ Interfering with Lily/Cane/ Cancer Diagnosis. She said some neglected characters were going to get SL, she said nothing about them being on EVERY DAY, she didn't say it wouldn't be a second tier SL. And do I need to bring up Luckinbill and Heinle? She was probabaly referring to them as well. They were on every day last week, weren't they?

• Members

Gloria and Jeffey do not have anything resembling a storyline. All they're doing is pointless scheming, which never amounts to anything. They've been doing this for months. I'd never call that a "storyline."

No he wasn't, I don't call storylines that center on other characters a storyline for Neil.

Please, the cast balance still sucks, all you need to do is look at the dmarex's episode totals from month to month. It's the same characters month after month leading the episode counts.

What about her claims last year that the crime rate would go down? What about the romance and fun this summer was supposed to be filled with? What's her excuse for cutting the Rafe/Adam kiss? She's lied numerous times, nothing you twist can change this.

• Members

I am being serious and I said it before. It is the only character that I could possibly see having a gay story at this point. The reason that he was discharged from the military was left vague so they can go back and say he was discharged because they discovered that he was gay. I still think that the gay stories MAB meant was the Rafe/Adam sex and Phillip coming out.

• Members

I know she'll never fess up to this, but I'm CONVINCED she cut the Adam/Rafe kiss to piss off Engen. I don't know for sure, but I just feel in my BONES that Engen really DID quit over the kiss (he managed to shoot the "burning the fetus" scene) and this is her way of making him feel that all of his drama and tantrums were all for naught. It's deliciously wicked, but I bet it's true. And romance? Although it was dashed on the rocks, I think her idea of romance... warped as it is.... is Paul/Nikki BEFORE the wedding, Phick and their little reconciliation, Chance and Chloe, and the big reunion of Billy/Mac.

• Members

So, let me guess. Either a.)By "Phillip (and) Rafe's Personal Journeys", she really means, "They'll date off-screen for months but still never kiss and we'll trot them out at Thanksgiving and Christmas and when Chance needs to have an awkward 'Gay dads give me advice like The Birdcage' moment." or b.)She had one too many Pinots at the party and Nelson came up to her, complimented her on the expensive mis-matched clothes she was wearing and then cornered her about the gay story. To get him out of her face, she flat out lied to him and will choose to worry about the fallout later, when she gets her new Head-Writers in.

Again, she's not considering it. You're just re-writing what is there.

I have better things to do. No rainchecks necessary.

---

And BTW, what happened to Estella?

• Members

Oh, Ann... it's just my personal theory... I doubt many others share it. I was torn baout the gay kiss not being shown. One one hand, I wanted it ot happen, on the other, I wished it were happening in better circumstances. I remember reading something about it being Muhney's idea not to show it (apparently, they FILMED it) he thought it would be more interesting to keep the viewer guessing as to whether Adam liked it, or not, or was conflicted. I have my doubts he could play that kind of subtext.

• Members

I don't understand how you can hold such faith in MAB after a "blind" plot point burned a fetus in a fireplace, a dead and gone plot point came back to Genoa City gay to make dull and shallow Cane sympathetic, the RETARDATION of Victor Newman, the plot circle of hell that is the Quad, the plot point that placed a horrendous wig and a bald cap on Khalil's head and brought Lily and Cane back together xoxoxoxoxo <3 <3, AND, two words, PATTY JANE.

It's one Epic Fail after another. And you feel vindicated because there's a potentially gay storyline coming up for Rafe and

P3???

You need to share some of the drugs you've been smokin'. And don't be stingy, alphanguy.

• Members

:wub:

Except they'll have their love affair off-screen for a month when Phillip pops the question. Lord knows we need another wedding on Y&R. Then, Estella goes ballistic that her nephew is marrying a man twice his age and drugs P3's champagne at the rehearsal dinner. Of course, Phillip dies and we have yet another funeral where Jill, Nina, and Katherine have another fight over P3 before being completely forgotten in a week. And Rafe exits Genoa City without an afterthought.

Archived