Y&R: Gay SL's STILL are coming!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes it worse is MARIA made the story about him being gay when it wasn't.

Phillip made everyone think he WAS DEAD FOR 20 YEARS & his sexuality is the second biggest issue in his life?

That's not a gay story.

It's not even CRUMBS of a story.

Then touting it to the press like it's the greatest achievement for gay people since Angels In America?

To hell with Maria.

Seriously.

• Members

Applause, applause. And there you have it. I started watching Y&R in 93, well after Philip's "death" but even I know what a vital piece of Y&R's history that is. To go & trounce all over that and not even follow up on it is criminal. At the very least, Jill, Katherine, & Nina should have been more prominent the past few months, given the rich history. Instead we got immediate acceptance of his sexuality and mere annoyance at the fact he pretended to be dead for 20 years.

This is not the Y&R I fell in love with, the show that helped me weather the loss of my beloved SB. And to think 8 months ago, I couldn't wait to watch every day. Now it's getting to be a chore.

• Members

If he was still on recurring, he would have said so. They didn't renew his contract and have nothing else written for him that's planned, and if they want to rehire him under a recurring deal, it hasn't been announced. That's why Thom is urging fans to write to CBS - to save him a job on the show.

Disappearance can mean anything. They could simply have Jill, Nina, or Katherine mention he went back to Australia. Or they could refuse to acknowledge the character, like they've been doing 90% of the time since he's been back.

Exactly.

• Members

It may be true in the cases of Phillip, Adam, and Rafe that these stories were not going to have legs. Chance, however, was far more than wishful thinking IMO. The way the character was re-introduced and subsequently written really made it seem like he possibly "played for the other team." Whatever the case, Chance is STILL an enigmatic character whom I don't get!

• Members

I don't think they're going to do that though, especially since Thom is urging his fans to write in to CBS to save his job and for a hopeful "gay" storyline.

Neither Tracey Bregman or Tricia Cast have been used much in their recurring capacities, especially in recent times. So, even if he was bumped to recurring, he would still be without a storyline or much airtime.

Archived