Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 17

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought today's eppy was pretty bad, with a few bright spots. The brightest being: TYRA HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! And thank goodness she's taking that signing brat with her. I thought Kahlil actually did ok today, she's been improving of late... and I'm glad. Maybe she taking lessons of some sort? I liked that we FINALLY got to see some Likey interaction... nice to see that they still exist (And one is SO tempted to make a joke about CLB's broken wrist, but it's just TOO EASY)Anyway... one good thing, and it may have happened a while back, and I'm just now noticing... it seems that Jana has dispensed with the Lulu streaks in her hair! I'm glad. That type of thing is ok on occasion, if your'e going clubbing or your'e a performer, but for everyday.... not so much.

• Members

I get a slight feeling of panic coming through Y&R's most recent episodes. The need to get first Nikki and now Tyra off the canvas (at least temporarily in Nikki's case) to the let's-give-JToria-something attempt at a SL. They obviously have no clue what to do with either Adam or Patty Jane. And why is nobody mentioning the fact that Nikki has gone AWOL?

The only solid story seems to be Neil with Lily & Cane. Like somebody plotted this through. Maybe this is a breakdown writer's baby and they were handed the reins to craft something.

A lot of threads seem to be up in the air. TPTB seem unsure about Chance & Chloe, too. Like they don't want them overshadowing others? It is a real disconnect between, on one hand, SLs they seem fearful of launching (Chance & Chloe, JToria, etc) and repeating a lot of the same-old (Adam/MJ/Phick & Shick).

• Members

As much as I love Chloe, I think Chloe and Chance are very boring together. Chance is a very blah character whose only personality trait is that he is perfect. I also don't think they have any chemistry together.

• Members

Chloe is still a somewhat confusing character for me and Chance I can't bother to invest in at all because they're never going to prefer him to Billy. Billy will always be the main figure in Chloe's life, she will never be allowed to truly love anyone but him. They will eventually have to ruin Chance to prop Billy, because Billy is their ideal.

• Members

Alvin, didn't you at least feel a twinge of glee that Tyra has now high stepped it out of Genoa City, taking Ana with her? You keep saying they need to prune the cast, well.. ask and ye shall recieve. Unless your'e going to tell me you wanted the cast pruning to happen all in one day, in some tornado or something. Chas said in his earlier posting that Chance is a blah character, his only personality trait being that he is perfect.... yet for the longest time fans have screamed for character that weren't "tainted" in some way, someone to balance the bad guys and the crazies, someone you can "root for"... we get one, and he's automatically boring. It must be a bitch to write this show, nobody's ever gonna be happy.

• Members

I did, but I also mentioned her well deserved exit in last week's thread and in the potpourri thread, I was speaking about this episode generally.

And frankly, the rest of the episode was so bad that Tyra and Ana leaving did not make up for its crappyness.

Still too many undeveloped characters, characters that lack direction, and characters the writers have no idea what to do with on this show.

I do not like Tyrant and her brat and I never have, but they weren't the only thing going on in this crappy episode.

When did I ever imply anything like that? Assumptions lead us nowhere, darling.

This is off-topic discussion anyway, something you claimed you were going to try to prevent last week. I guess it was only a one week thing, huh?

You can be good and be a complex character, but not like they've properly explored the Chance character yet.

What do we know about him other than he has a crush on Chole? Nothing. Maybe that will change in time, who knows?

You can't automatically bring in a character and have him automatically crushing after someone or trying to develop something of romantic relationship. It's better to develop who the character is first before you take things to another level. Chas has a very valid point, there's a whole backstory about Chance that they don't seem to want to explore right now. Instead, he's being pushed as the third wheel into Chole and Billy's dynamic.

No character should be "perfect" not even the good ones. Don't people always say part of the problem with Lily is that they always try to paint her as some pure and perfect virginal character (when she's not)?

But then again, this current group of writers don't how to write for characters and don't want to, all they know how to write for is inane rushed plots that make no sense. Not everyone accepts the horrible crap these writers dish out to them...

• Members

I'm actually a her. Chas is short for Chasity. Chance can be a good guy and have a flaw or two. I could get behind him having PTSD or something. He just needs to be fleshed out a little more because while I don't hate him, I don't like him either. I need a reason to care about him.

• Members

I never said you did imply anything like that.... and didn't think you would, that's why the word "unless" was in my sentence. And how was it off topic to discuss the departure of a cast member when it was today's episode in which she departed? Comments and asides as they pertain to daily discussion I always thought was fine... just entire posts about how bad/good the show in GENERAL is what I thought to be the problem. And I agree the episode today was pretty dismal. But any time we cna get rid of a thing like Tyra... it puts a big fat cherry on top of that sundae.

Archived