Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 17

• Members

Because Patty Jane's entire purpose on this show is for "shock" and "awe" with no substance to back it up. Oh, and Maria and her henchmen used her as Patty simply to manipulate the audience into thinking that because a woman by this name and Paul's sister and Jack's ex-wife existed in the past, so it must be good, when it's not.

Patty Jane is entirely a different character that was just made to be Patty. I find it very hard to believe she would be this much of a psycho so long afterwards, and if she were a psycho with the capabilities she's shown to have now, then why did it take her almost 30 years to strike back? I'm not buying this Victor helped her bull, because they've shown that this psycho knows how to survive, given her mental condition.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, this Daniel/Scobby storyline GETS WORSE EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Seriously, this is the type of storyline that needs to end fast and never mentioned again. I can't believe this was the storyline that convinced Graz to re-sign his contract. This storyline is eating this show alive this week, and not in a good way.

And Maria called this crap her big summer storyline, right? Yeah, it shows what type of taste she has. :rolleyes:

Poor Michael and Lauren, these hack writers have no idea what to do with them, so they have them propping this useless and horribly defined Scobby gang. I thought Lauren telling Michael that he needs to stop taking on cases for family and friends was nice, but they had to take that away by the end of the episode by Kevin begging Michael to defend this Ryder guy.

Again, I really like the actor that plays Ryder, but why the hell should we care for this character? WHO CARES?!?!

Deacon is a useless sleeze. Can he leave now, please?

Billy is another sleeze, do they even try to rest this character and make him anything more than being so unsympathetic and sleezy? I don't understand Mac's motivations for getting back with Billy, he's not the same guy she knew in high school, and they tried to force that as one of the main reason for reuniting these two. It makes no sense.

They still have no intention of developing Phillip IV. Sorry, I hate the name Chance, how cheesy and eye-roll worthy. Couldn't they have called him Phil instead? Anyway, what do we know about this guy other than he's such a nice guy and that Chloe is probably using him to make Billy feel jealous? They shouldn't have forced him this fact into the Billy and Chloe situation.

I'm back to majorly rolling my eyes at Cane and Lily. They have no chemistry IMO, and I've always found them to be overly sappy. I felt nothing when Lily was shaving all her hair out. Nice bald-cap though!

This crappy writing regime needs to learn how to rotate storylines and cast usage. It seems like they focus on one bad storyline week after week and giving very little attention to other storylines week to week. This week, this horrible Daniel storyline seems to sucking 90% of this show dry. This show is a bloody mess.

Oh and I see they've completely dropped everything regarding Phillip III. So, again, what was the use of bringing this character back from the dead and doing nothing with him a few weeks after bringing him back? What kind of writing is this?!?!

• Members

TOTAL agreement on the points above. This scooby SL is the worst thing Maria has done since she's taken over...(except for NOT making Gloria's trial a big epic and sending her to the slammer as the payoff, that was her BIGGEST mistake.) I want to know where the HELL are my fellow queers on this show???!! We were promsied a big damn gay SL, and I WANT IT... do I make myself clear? I've been patient, but if nothing happens with this in the next 4 weeks, I'm gonna be PISSED. This is turning into a pretty wretched week. And Mark.... I put that picture up as the thread starter because I wanted to illustrate just how DIFFERENT Haiduk is from Stern, and no amount of plastic surgery could turn her into THIS... is this why she's wearing the blonde wig now? They want to TRY to make her look more like Stern? Ain't working. If thye didn't, they needed to give Haiduk tapes of Stern's performances to study, so she could play some of the nuances, at LEAST. Lily is a darn fool to shave her head like that. The writers did it for drama, I know... but during chemo, not EVERYBODY loses ALL their hair. Some just thin on top. In that case, all she would have to do is put on a Rhoda doo-rag, and she'd be good to go.

rhoda_image.jpg

• Members

I can only comment on the Monday and Wednesday's episodes:

Do the writers's think we're stupid, when Neil said you slept with my son why didn't he say the boy you thought was your nephew only a few short months ago.

Can we just say that this Daniel story is officially Amber's.

It's really hard to feel sorry for Amber when she keeps doing stupid things.

Poor Imfan, Likey is on the screen only to prop up Amber. I think Eden propped Amber too.

I did like Lauren telling Mikey that it's time to stop dealing with his family bs.

I have a feeling that Ryder really isn't Kevin's brother and Deacon is having him make up his backstory.

Poor Mac and Chance they have to deal with Chloe and Billy's bickering. This quad so far doesn't do anything for me.

I know Neil's concern for Lily, but I just wanted Lily to tell Neil to leave her alone and quit treating her like a child.

At least he was there when the backstory was the current story. I thought that Kanon and Luckinbill carried their leading ladies in their scenes. I'm sorry MarkH, but the spark does go away.

If I didn't know any better I would think that Colleen and Abby are only a year apart. Would it kill them not to smirk/smile so much.

• Members

I guess this means P3 is toast.

I'm watching the show now and ... my goodness ... 90% art caper. A little Michael and Lauren, but truly just a snippet (nicely acted). Ryder's conveniently similar backstory to Kevin's is making ME roll my eyes. Why not Kevin? And I really should be touched by Lily and Cane...but I strangely fast-forwarded. Too sappy. Not enough of the deep soulful pain in Lily that I have experienced with real life cancer patients in her shoes.

Billy and Chloe also disappointed me, with their childish antics. I want to like Chance, but his insta-detective thing (no police academy??) is really distracting me.

As Amber and Daniel flip-flop through their breakup, I wish someone would say "Remember your last permanent breakup, exactly a year ago? Why is this one any different?".

• Members

Why was CK composing these short grins during that utterly traumatic experience? Dude, was she hi on meds or something? That scene should've totally been like being on an emotional rollercoaster and instead, it was like she lost a bet and had to chop her locks off or like Cane had joined a beauty school and had to practice on her. WTF?!?!?

And that lace wig was bad. They totally got the texture of her hair wrong. She ain't white people, as much as I'm sure everyone over at Y&R wishes she'd be

• Members

I know this Amber story is a mess and Likey are just props for Amber, but I am so desperate for some Lauren and Michael on my screen that I just had to take in their scenes today and enjoy them. I loved that Michael blasted Amber and Daniel and that Mikey and Lauren had a nice scene dealing with their biggest issue as a couple. They reminded me all over again why I love these two actors and their characters as individuals and a couple. Even when being neglected by the writers for months, CLB and TEB are true professionals and never phone their scenes in. And I was glad they were allowed to actually emote and dig their teeth into a few scenes for the first time in about 6 months.

Yeah, I know that the only reason that they probably are on this week was so that the writers' favorites could have vacation and after next week, will be off another three weeks, but I will have plenty of time to be resentful later.LOL.

As for this Lily and Cane cutting off her hair story today, isn't that a bit premature? The writers giving Lily a cancer that is most often typical of women in their 40s and 50s just to redeem Cane is one thing, but because they have started this story I would find it terribly offensive if they race through it like they do other stories with Lily in remission and looking for a surrogate next winter. You just don't play your typical plot driven games with this type of story. It hits home for too many people. They should have gotten that message after the Ashley miscarriage fiasco.

• Members

I hate to say this, but I hope P3 is toast. Well toast that can come back to visit once in awhile ala Tracy Abbott. He just is not good enough of an actor to give major story to, not while other much better actors are being wasted.

You know who I think would have killed with an ovarian cancer storyline? Of course you know it has to be Lauren. A storyline like this in the hands of two talented actors would be pulling at our heart strings. The best thing about the Sheila kidnapping Phyllis, Summer and Fen episodes a few years back was the palpable fear and panic Michael and Lauren felt. Plus, they can play angst. It makes more sense for a character Lauren's age and for a long term couple like Likey to be tested in this way. And we wouldn't know if Lauren would survive unlike Lily who I am pretty sure will be looking for a surrogate in a year or two. Oh well, I guess they were needed for their pivotal role in the Amber and Daniel storyline. :rolleyes:

• Members

"FOR ONCE WOULD YOU KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT!" LMAO! Amber needed that

Have they mentioned where Deacon's son is? I know he talked about him since he's been on, but dont remember if he said where he was. Also why hasnt Amber asked to see him?

As far as Lily cutting off her hair, it was so obvious what she was cuttign was a wig. It wasnt even a good one

• Members

Deacon hasn't mentioned where his son is but I assume the grandparents still got custody of him. Amber is all about Daniel, screw the boy she used to be a mother to. Deacon and Amber's story really is a mess over here. I do like Ryder though, he is taking up space definitely and this story blows but I like him for some reason. Plus I like someone playing Kevin's inner chipmunk ass.:P

Chloe/Billy, I'm over them. All the bickering and insults is old now. I still love Chloe though. And I like Chance but wish he didn't have to be Mr.Nice Guy all the time.

• Members

GH did a great, realistic job with Alexis' cancer and especially when she lost her hair. That cheap dollar store wig on Lily and the subsequent shaving was so artificial and fake. Everything about Lane is lame and makes me wanna gag. The writers are trying too hard in the wrong way.

Archived