Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 17

• Members

That was the best part. The rest was down right awful. I thought Doug Davidson over acted at the end. He should have toned it down a bit. I thought for a sec he was going to turn into that green thing...LOL.

laugh.giflaugh.gif about your comment. We have to share him Cashton. I find him hot. But I really didnt pay attention to his scenes and ff most of them. But I think the actor is a total stud.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This reveal was everything a reveal should be. And it worked because it was in the hands of two actors who knew what the hell they were doing. You can tell they really PREPARED for those scenes. Doug was everything a viewer could dream of, I sobbed for 30 minutes after all this was over. I have to admit, the "pattycake" thing is what really did it, that is when I TOTALLY lost it. Cashton, I don't think Y&R is moving out of gay SL's... all this is based on some wonky language that preceeded some quotes in SOW. Things are still up in the air, and we have more info to glean.... but most likely, Hamner's comments were printed with an out of context introduction to make things seem worse than they are. It's SOW... we shouldn't expect anything less from THEM.

• Members

oh Alphan! Yes - Doug and Stacy brought it today. I watched it like 4 times that last scene. Pattycake did it for me and that fairy-boat song. Patty just wants someone on her side and now she has it. I can't wait for next week - seriously. i want some in-depth conversations and I want Paul to kick Victor's ass. Not just ream him out - like pulverize him. If you think about about it Patty is sort of blameless. She's certifiably crazy - not Sharon " I steal sh!t" crazy or even Kevin "I see chipmunks AND rob banks" crazy - she's "meet my dead taxidermied cat" crazy. And she was just a moth brought to her greatest flame - Jack.

• Members

I am so sick of this show not continuing the good scenes from one day to the next. Paul and Patty should be continuing from today, but instead on tomorrow's US show, they are MIA. Instead we get Lily and Cane featured in stupid throwaway scenes that served no purpose. They were even more noticeably lacking because so much of the show was centered on those in dire need of psychiatric hospitalization. I'm sure they think that dragging this on will make people keep watching all week long, but it really takes the punch out of the drama.

• Members

This not following stuff up crap is ridiculous, Bill Bell must be spinning in his grave as we speak.

Who the hell writes a soap like this? What the hell is this sh!t? I find most of these stories awful already, but problems in pacing and execution, like not following up on cliffhangers, is making the show much worse and damaging it. This is down right stupid and lazy writing.

All of these writers should be fired and for this sh!t and never allowed to write another soap again. Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner need to go write TV Movies of the week or some sh!t, not a daily soap opera.

You all see what I mean when I say Y&R is like an anti-soap? And I don't mean that in a good way.

There is no excuse for such sloppiness.

• Members

I really appreciate this Mark. But I just want to make sure I have all of this right.

A. MAB and 'em couldn't think of an s/l for the scoobies, specifically MG. So they use their lame-ass art schtick because they're too lazy to r&d something that fits into each of these characters?

B. They continue to play a bait and switch game with the audience where the bait is moldy cheese and the switch is bubbling stinky manure.

There are no words left for this crock of shite.

• Members

Let me add, I find this whole Deacon/Amber mess beyond offensive. First he sexually assaults her, and then he constantly taunts her, and now he blackmails her? Whatever, this show needs to get over its woman-hating.

Deacon needs to get the hell off this show, Amber too. To think I actually liked her in Kay's universe earlier in the year, but at this point, she's as useless as when she first arrived on this show.

• Administrator

First of all, I'm so pissed again that they didn't follow up Paul/Patty in Monday's US episode. What a bunch of fuckin bullshit!

Kudos to Doug and Stacey today! Those were really good scenes. I thought Doug was marvelous too, but I wish he toned it a bit down for that last shot before fade to black - that was OTT. LOL

• Members

At the risk of sounding like a 'fanboi', I thought "the Aussie" did an excellent job today. (And evidently I'm not the only one who thinks so. ;) )

I have to disagree with those who are critical of CK for not shaving her head for this storyline. I probably wouldn't do it either if I were her. BTW, does anyone remember if Eileen Davidson shaved her head for Ashley's cancer story?

Nothing would make me happier than for Amber to fall off the face of the earth. And maybe even take Daniel with her since he has been ruined almost beyond repair. But Deacon should stay on screen (either on Y&R or B&B ).

• Members

I cannot stand Amber the girl is always involved with crimes, and just doesn't do the right thing I had with her.

I can't take the cheating but she is constantly in trouble with schemers and doesn't fess up.

I am so tired of the brainless people like Amber and I don't understand why she is so important to keep.

• Members

I don't see a point in Deacon after this story. He not only forced Amber to have sex with him, but now we learn that he had no real plans for her and this was all about art. So he pushed her to degrade herself for no reason other than being a pig. Or because someone at Y&R thought this was hot. And B&B probably won't take him back. If they'd wanted him back they wouldn't have let him go to Y&R in the first place.

If anyone wants to see Sean Kanan from the start of the decade you can catch his repeat of One Day With in a few hours on Soapnet, 5:30 AM ET.

• Members

I completely agree I cannot stand this Character, years ago when I would watch B&B after our show finished that is when B&B first started and I stopped and sometimes tuned in but when Deacon was on, I really couldn't stand him and I just couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like him.

He doesn't appeal to me and I don't get why they brought him on, and I hope he leaves pronto.

• Members

As a Doug uber-fan, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I was really shocked that Patty got that kind of evil smile on her face, and especially that Paul kind of melted in that histrionic way. I kept asking myself "why is he so devastated"? He's been putting these pieces together for months now...so why so dramatic?

I don't think Paul will figure out Victor for months yet. All that "Pattycake" stuff took me out of the scene. I was WATCHING their relationship in the early 80s. Paul was often criminally under-involved with Patty (Carl and Steve were often more protective of her), and I personally NEVER recall a "Pattycake" reference. (I could be wrong). Why not play what we saw in the 80s, rather than something we never saw in the 70s??

LOL :lol:

Yup on the tone-down. Davidson is famous for being able to cry the silent tear. So why not do that here? Moreover, I'm shocked we won't see followup on Monday. Monday is always their highest rated show...that's the day they should play their A-game and their biggest stories.

• Members

The Patty Jane/Paul scenes were a little too short for me, especially in an episode dominated by the Scobbies and Lily's boring and sappy cancer story. Knowing that the Patty Jane/Paul stuff wasn't followed up on Monday's US episode just makes it worse. Maybe I'm not seeing stuff most see, and though Davidson and Haiduk were good, even if Davidson was a little too over the top in the last scene, those scenes left me cold. I couldn't feel anything for the characters invovled, and they were such a little part of an otherwise very dull/crappy Friday episode.

Archived