Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 17

• Members

I don't trust these writers either, Sylph.

Heinle sucks and is miscast, it's both the actress and the writing that's failing the Victoria character.

I would hate for them to finally get a competent actress like Tognoni and write horribly for her, but the character is in dire need of a recasting and better writing. Victoria is too important of a character to be stuck with such an inept actress and crappy writing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, but a little isn't enough, especially when they hardly write for the character or they give her really bad stories, like this one with JT and Deacon.

I have no doubt Gina would be a great Victoria, but it starts with the writers. We've seen how many characters they've ruined this past year alone.

This discussion is getting a little too off-topic, maybe it should be continued in the Potpourri thread. :)

• Members

Assuming we'll never get Heather Tom back in this role, I actually propose that Y&R continue its death spree. Victoria could plausibly be killed by Mary Jane, Adam, or Ryder. (Or maybe Carson could come back and kill her for a stolen bag of money or something). Eric and Melody could get a week of story out of it (which seems to be what they're going for these days).

On topic, I was amazed on Monday's US show how much better Luckinbill was in HIS "affair" scenes than Heinle. Heinle played tipsy, ticked off...a little bit flirtatious and cute...but her motivation was really non-existent. Luckinbill and Sursock, IMO, actually managed to play some of that backstory...especially TL with those soulful eyes.

• Members

You got it.

I would prefer NO MORE DEATH. But I have resigned myself to a killing a month from now on.

So, then, my thoughts turn to "whose death would upset me the least?" Seriously, that's how my thinking is these days.

• Members

Every time I come into this thread I'm transfixed by that lovely Lilibet picture.

Two things come to mind. First, why don't I see any of that sweet-but-sexy remnant in Mary Jane? Second, THAT is what I wish Heather had been like.

Archived