Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of August 17

• Members

True, Chance shouldn't be such a goody goody square but asking for flaws/layers is dangerous under this regime. I'd be scared of a PTSD story. They'd just have him raging off and attacking the women around him, then cured a week later after Chloe sleeps with him.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't be so sure...we all thought she was gone once before when they went off to that music school.

Just think of a pregnant Tyra showing up in a few months to launch a new 'who's the daddy?' storyline.

Much like a vampire, I won't believe she's gone for good until she's beheaded and the neck filled with garlic.

• Members

Maybe Tyra hasn't gone at all!

Monday was definitely the 'B'team.

Colleen/JT may have worked had he became concerned for her after Brad's death and she became dependent on him,at the same time as JT and Victoria were having problems,but of course they have been pretty much offscreen until now and none of that was explored.

It was nice to see the Carton house.After 20 years,that still is one of the shows best sets.

Not pleased to hear the dreaded c-word.

Is anyone remotely interested in the art forgery or Amber's ridiculous antics?

It would have been much more interesting had Deacon turned up and pursued Victoria,while at the same time been a threat to Amber without the 'rape' and forgery aspect.

• Members

ICAM with this post, Cat. ;)

I mean, really. What in holy hell is going on with this show?!?!? Starting from Monday, it really feels to me like the wheels are coming off. FAST. Honestly, these "out of nowhere" stories scare me cuz I start thinking of what DK/EW started doing with GL. Seriously.

GL: Blake (rarely seen) pops up with a crush on Mallet

Y&R: HOleen (rarely seen) pops up with a crush on JT

GL: Cassie has a "quickie" with Cyrus for no discernible reason

Y&R: Tyra has a "quickie" with Devon for no discernible reason

GL: G/Grady/Gillespie - a wanted criminal - wanders around town undetected for weeks

Y&R: Mary Jane/Patty - a wanted criminal - wanders around town undetected for weeks

It really does feel that the writers have no long term story plans. They must has spent a pretty penny on Marcille and they're not using her? Tyra was so "in love" with Neil that she would never have slept with someone else - let alone his son - so quickly. But would she? The character hasn't been fleshed out since day one. So we really don't know what scruples or lack thereof she may have.

Vic and JT have a couple of small disagreements on screen and now they're ready to sleep with other people? WTF? Another out of the blue story. With no explanations, no character motivations....

I like Chance and Chloe together. But the character of Chance should be fleshed out much more, IA. All we really know about him is that he was in Iraq and he's never stuck his ding-a-ling in anyone. Big whoop. I wonder if JD is getting tired of playing the goody-two-shoes. Cuz I keep thinking I'm watching Coop - the characters are that similar.

Jeez. I feel like I just posted something in the GL thread. I can't think of one story right now that I'm enjoying 100%. There are moments in some of the stories that I like, but the stories overall suck the big donkey dong. :(

• Members

Today was another disastrous day of the Scobby gang and this boring and rushed "Victoria"/JT/"Colleen" nonsense.

I really like the actors that plays Ryder, but what a dumb ass story. Who cares? And we all know what he's going to turn out to be, given the spoiler many of us already know. But the actor is good, good looking, and he seems really into the material, no matter how crappy it is.

Can they please write Deacon OUT, please? This character is so unnecessary and he's been completely botched. The fact that he's still taunting his rape victim, Amber, makes this nonsense even harder to swallow.

This writing team obviously doesn't know what to do with the Scobby gang or JT and Victoria. Fail storyline after fail storyline has been pushed on these characters, it's time to give up and write most of them off this show.

Would it kill Amelia Heinle to show some emotion and act like this she's alive in her scenes? It's really time to recast Victoria and write this essential character better.

These stories are not only bad, but they're so horribly paced, it's like they're asking us not to care about anything on this show anymore. If they don't show investment in their writing, how are we as fans supposed to?

I don't know why they don't play Chloe with Amber more. Elizabeth and Adrienne work well off of each other. I at least liked that they talked today at the GCAC with Chance. It's too bad the writing for the characters suck so much.

Is this rock bottom? It sure feels like it in regards to this show. Sigh.

• Members

Man, Alvin, I actually agree with you on alot of this. Heinle looked like she was shot with one of those tranquilizer darts that Marlin Perkins used to use on Wild Kingdom. The scoobies/Daniel.... boring and ridiculous. Eileen Davidson DID do a good job in her bedroom scene today. I did like the dinner between Chance and Chloe.... I can't remember the last time we saw a romantic dinner between two people interested in each other. It's nice to see Chance get some development. Let's hope it continues. And Hayley Erin is like nails on a chalkboard, don't you all feel this way? And of course, we get Grandpa Victor expressing his testosterone and kicking a door in. PLEASE. I'm tired of the Deacon thing as well.. if we HAVE to have him on here, can't they at LEAST give us lots of shots of Kanan in his underwear?

• Members

I am so tired of Amelia Henlie as Victoria! I'm wishing on her what I used to wish on Jensen Buchanan (Vicky) from Another World, which is that they would stay home and raise their kids and get off my soap!

Poor Tyra/Eva and that awful weave she had to wear for her last days on the show...

The Amber/Deacon stuff makes me sick.

• Members

OMG! OMG! OMG! Today sounds so gooooood I can hardly wait to get home to watch it!

NOT

Deacon needs to take his ass back to LA or Amber should press charges and send him to prison. Let him share a cell with a 7 foot 300 lb linebacker. Let's see then what a "man" he is. I bet he would turn into a whimperin sissy in no time. I'm not going to waste my time watching him.

Over half of this show is FF material to me now. :(

• Members

I agree get Deacon out of here, he is so fake. blink.gif

PLEASE recast Victoria with Gina Tognoni.

If the show wasn't interested in Gina Tognoni as Victoria there would not have been that thread here with her name all over it.

I know you think Gina Tognoni would be a smokin' Victoria and she would improve Victoria highly even better than anybody could, she is mature and just looks classy but I can see her have a bitchy, strong attitude without being rough around the edges and classy, as well.

I so know you agree with me or else you wouldn't have posted those 'youtube' clips with Bellcurve.

Gina Tognoni would so go 'toe-to-toe' with Victor as a mature Victoria.

I would LOVE to see it too.

• Members

I would not like that.

With this regime, the character would be horridly written: either faux-killing, completely out-of-the-blue sexual orientation story, Victoria is actually faux-Victoria who has escaped from asylum who likes to burn fetuses and kill cats... It would be terrible.

• Members

Why is that? Poster's are saying some writing has been there and she isn't delivering.

I think your speaking of Patty who kills cats and dogs and Adam as who tortures a pregnany woman and knows she has a dead fetus.

Obviously she was sought for because they wanted her for the past and I would LIKE that.

They obviously want somebody who could go toe-to-toe with Victor.

There is noway Nick can do it, he has been so dumbed down it isn't funny.

Archived