GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Robin and Patrick's karaoke performance was alright. I smiled a couple of times in between rolling my eyes. I can't get into GH so everything feels contrived and annoying.

I loved Kevin and Lucy. Port Charles, the spin off, ruined them.

• Members

You're not looking forward to "courtly love"? Between them,

, and Ethan/Rebecca/Nikolas, they must want viewers to rush towards a vow of celibacy.

It's nice to see Robin in stories which aren't all about what a screwed-up person she or Patrick is supposed to be. It's what soaps used to do all the time in the 80s, not focus so much on these contrived reasons to break people up or turn them crazy.

I just tell myself Kevin and Lucy got back together and are happy somewhere on that other version of Port Charles. The last years were terrible but it was all so stupid there's no reason to hold it as canon, and they did go to Lila's funeral together.

• Members

LOL! Definitely not. I'm throwing up in my mouth already.

You are absolutely right. It is nice to see Robin and Patrick having some happiness. I would enjoy this mystery story more it got enough airtime to play out the beats of the story, but it is the best that Guza can do for the non-mob crew. Unfortunately, GH has made me into a cynic. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Carl, do you know how Kevin and Lucy ended in the final PC episode? Another final episode I did not watch. As far as I am concerned Lucy, Doc and Sigmund are off on adventure somewhere wonderful like Hawaii. Lucy is one character who earned her redemption the hard way and after the emotional trauma that Kevin survived, they both deserved their love and happiness.

• Members

I liked Robin and Patrick's kareoke performance, I thought it was great. KMC and JT seem really comfortable with each other and it was clear that everyone from the extras to the cast was having a good time too.

• Members

Thanks. PC is one soap that lost its way. I didn't mind the vampires and time travel. The lack of humor on a soap with Lucy Coe and splitting up Kevin and Lucy so permanently was intolerable. Eventually I tuned out.

• Members

GH's attempts at humor are unfunny in the extreme. I include my beloved Qs in that assessment. As for Spinelli and that "hilarious" singing, I feel sorry for BA who has to showcase such dire material.

• Members

Jason Thompson actually has a good voice! And the audience seemed like they were genuinely LTAO.

I liked that Friday's GH ended on Scrubs' karaoke rendition and not some half-baked Moob "cliffhanger." Old GH used to sometimes end on something warm when it wasn't doing proper edge-of-your-seat cliffhangers.

• Members

I think Friday's ending with Patrick/Robin was intended to be Thursday's episode. That's why today's episode ended with Sonny/Olivia kissing..

Which I could not stand.

Maxie, Lulu, Rebecca and Diane were great singing "Don't Cha" :P I thought that was hilarious.

More ramblings from Anthony...

Jason and Sam, that was pathetic having KM strip off her clothes to find her phone. Could you be any more obvious??

• Members

Claudia to Sonny: "I've had about enough of you!"

I laughed so hard at this, for some strange reason. And Sonny's face was priceless. That woman is nothing short of a hot mess. Her marbles are all over the floor. She's probably the only legitimate threat Sonny's had in years. SB keeps me rolling with this character.

• Members

I recently viewed GH's Best Writing Emmy submission for last year and was very impressed so I decided to start watching again for the first time in over two years. I downloaded the past 10 or so episodes and I'm speeding through them so I can catch up. I'm around two episodes behind now. I still see many of the problems GH had when I stopped watching, but they've expanded the cast a tiny bit, as opposed to the nonstop drama of Sonny/Jason/Carly/Sam. Overall I find the show very watchable and shockingly enough--the mob is my favorite part of the show so far!

What I like:

- Johnny/Olivia - I don't remember these two characters, but I do remember tuning in to see Megan Ward and I know her character was related to Olivia. Could someone tell me where she is? She was such a major character I though. I remember seeing her in countless promos and whatnot. Anyway, Johnny and Olivia seem to have a cute and very sexy relationship. It's one of very few older/younger relationships that don't feel forced these days.

- Scrubs - I've always enjoyed these two so nothing has changed. They're cute, grounded and very relaxing to watch.

- All of these kids - They're not all the best actors, but you can tell they're going to be great and are all well cast. I understand Sam is now Alexis' daughter which I just don't understand and I look forward to seeing how she fits into that dynamic. The other two girls are great and I especially love the devious side that Kristina is showing. I hope they go far with her desire to win her father's love and attention. I also like the relationship with Dante. Michael is the weakest of these new actors, but I *love* the story. It's giving Laura Wright great material to work with and I'm glad they included the Quatermaine's.

Sidenote: Now that I mention them, I must say I found it incredibly sad to watch the Quatermaine's. That house used to be so full of life and the energy between the actors made those scenes explosive. Now I just see Monica, Tracy and Edward...is that it?! I guess they still work because the show does seem awfully dark and depressing, but it made me sad. Is there any way to breathe life into this family?

- Sonny/Claudia/Carly - Oh this Claudia character is certainly dramatic, but I eagarly await the reveal that she was responsible for Michael's shooting. I like that this is one of those long held soap secrets, but now that several people know, you can't keep it hidden forever. It definitely means Sarah Brown's exit which is why I kinda doubt the show would reveal it anytime soon.

- Martha Byrne - Along with the Emmy submission, she's a major reason I gave the show a chance and I'm glad. Byrne is doing a great job of not being typecast and I'd love to see her role extend beyond this story. The only problem is that GH is very specific in it's focus and how would she fit into either the mob or hospital elements long term?

That's all I like off the top of my head so far. What I find myself hating is this awful Rebecca storyline. Natalia Livingston was bad as Emily, but she's worse as Rebecca. This Ethan guy is just a horrific actor and I fail to see why Anthony Geary fought so hard for fans to accept this story. What the [!@#$%^&*] was Mark Teschner thinking?! Spinelli and Maxie are cute, but overall they bore me. I know fans love Diane, but so far I'm not sold. She's okay.

One question I have is where is Kelly Monaco? I recall she was one of the big stars of GH when I stopped watching. I can't believe I've gone a week and she didn't appear! Is she still Jason's love interest? Does he have other love interests? Is she still an important character?

• Members

for the first time in MONTHS the cast came alive in the past two episodes. Was it redic? Yes. It was also badly written and badly directed, IMHO.

However the cast worked it.

Maxie, Spin, Lulu, Ethan, Lucky, Liz, Nik, Rebecca, Coleman, Patrick, Robin, max, Diane. An odd mix, that really worked.

But GH usually does these well, always have. Girls night out, Boys night out, Nurses ball, etc...

I liked Lucky bringing up Nik kissing Liz. and i like that they keep up the Maxie and Liz hate.

• Members

Megan Ward was bumped down to recurring a few months ago. I think TPTB felt that the romance between Kate and Sonny wasn't really working and Claudia and Olivia have pretty much replaced her in Sonny's life. Rumor has it

Kate's storyline about being blackmailed was abruptly dropped at the beginning of June and the character is currently in Europe.

(

As for Sam being Alexis' daughter I think it was just Frons' way of tying Sam to one of the families of Port Charles since she is one of his favourites. I guess Alexis was chosen because of the interactions between the two during the storyline in which Kristina was sick and Sam's baby died.

Yeah the Qs have suffered one death after another since 2004 (Lila, AJ, Justus, Alan and Emily) and many family members have left (Brooke-Lyn, Dillon, Skye) so now its just Edward, Monica and Tracy. On the one hand I do like the way that the Qs still remain affected by all the deaths and departures (its very realistic that after a series of deaths and departures, the people left behind would be left bereft and lonesome) but on the other hand I know that TPTB probably have no intention of building the Qs back up again. Guza seems to love sending certain characters crashing down to earth without showing them managing to rebuild after the crash unless they are part of the Mob group. I do hope that Michael living at the Q mansion will be the start of a Q renaisance but I wouldn't hold my breath. It is nice though that Jason has at least acknowledged that distancing himself from the Qs probably wasn't the best idea....his relationship with Monica in particular has come a long way from the low point that it was at when Alan and Emily died.

Kelly Monaco has been doing Peepshow in Las Vegas for the past few months so has had limited screentime. But the stint should be over by now and I think Kelly Monaco will be fulltime again once she gets back from the Kenya trip with Tony Geary and Susan Lucci.

To explain whats happened to Jason and Sam you really need to go back to the summer of 2006 (nicknamed the Summer of Sleeze or 'SOS' by certain groups of fans - I was going to indulge you in the details but that would take too long....everyone was sleeping around back then and using faulty ELQ condoms which made Liz get pregnant with Jason's baby). Long story short, Jason's primary love interest after the SOS became Liz and Sam eventually ended up with Lucky for for a while in a quad that lasted until late last year. Since February they've slowly begun bringing the Pre-SOS couples back together. Lucky and Liz got back together earlier this year but have barely had anything to do except whine about Ethan (Lucky) or Rebecca (Liz), while Jason and Sam's reunion has been slow due to Kelly Monaco being in Peepshow.

Archived