One Life To Live

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really enjoyed most of yesterday's show, could have gone without the Rex/Gigi stuff.

Totally loved the scenes between Viki and Clint, it's nice to see someone call Clint out on his crap, and it seems like Viki is the only one he will listen to.

And as much as I try not to watch the Manning/Thornhart saga I can't help myself, it's like a trainwreck. U really don't want to watch but you can't quite help yourself.

• Members

I really liked yesterday's episode, the interactions were great. I loved Schuyler/Rachel bonding as friends, and Daphne continues to win me over as a fan. I'm absolutely loving her Rachel.

Loving the fact they're giving this Dorian story some airtime. LOL at her callign Viki.

Does anyone think that if or when Clint and Nora due break up, they're going to send Clint into Charlie and Viki's atmosphere?

• Members

I'm liking the Matthew, Nora and Bo scenes. I can understand were all three are coming from. Matthew wants to walk again so he,s up for the surgery. Bo and Nora want Matthew to walk again too, but the fears what may happen during the surgery scares them so they feel Matthew's life overrides the chance for Matthew to walk again.

• Members

I agree with doing without the Rex/Gigi stuff.

I always love when Viki calls Clint out on his crap. It's like Clint feels like Nora is a prize not his soon to be wife. Clint also feels like him marrying Nora his that he has beaten Bo at some game.

I agree the Manning/Thornhart stuff can be like watching a train ready to crash, but that's just what they are a trainwreck.

• Members

I'd like them if Alderson could act even half as decent as his sister (though she's no prize-winning actress in the making). He's such a terrible actor, no matter his age. They really needed to recast the role of Matthew when they decided to give him a big story.

• Members

I think Eddie Alderson does a good job with what he's given. I always know what Matthew is thinking and feelings and I feel sorry for him when he's in obvious pain. I can't say that about a number of the more experienced actors they keep shoving at me, and with the track record on recasts for Buchanan men, I would rather they keep EA.

• Members

I agree that Matthew needs to be recast, like yesterday (so does his friend Destiny.) This s/l would have been the perfect vehicle to do it too. Just send him away for physical therapy, and a week or two later we get another actor in the role. Alderson stinks. That kid has never been an actor. Tomlin hired him because he is Kristen's brother, and probably thought it would be cute to give them scenes together and whatnot. And I can't help but think that the reason they've been compelled keep him all this time is because of her. Now so much time has passed that they are all probably just used to having him there. Sort of like David Fumero. But still, meh. After nearly 10 years, of course he's improved, and picked up a little equilibrium (which took him forever to), but overall, he's still not what I would describe as especially good. They need to chuck him.

• Members

If I thought they would bring in a great actor to replace him, then I would say OK, but after the many poor Joey, Kevin, and Drew recasts, and the generally poor level of casting for most new characters over this decade, I would rather they keep what they have. Especially since their recent casting of young characters has brought us such awkward and stilted people like Justin, or Asher.

I actually think bringing a new actor in at this time would have made this paralysis story even worse, because it's harder to care about someone we don't know when they are being bullied. One of the only reasons I felt sorry for him, instead of just rolling my eyes at how stupid the scenes of the richest boy in Llanview being terrorized for being in a car accident and losing the ability to walk, was because of the history of the role.

I still wish they hadn't killed Drew off. There was so much history and potential there, and if he was alive, then we may not have had to sit through the stuff about Rex being Bo's honorary son.

Archived