Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of July 6

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm digging the Deacon Sharpe LOL. Amber's face is priceless in the previews. It sucks if he's blackmailing her for money, then, he'd be a younger male-er version of Gloria/Jeffrey. Grr.

The hair on the middle of his head looks weird, though, like a balding spot. What is up with that?

I'm so distracted by Sharon's new hair. I can barely pay attention to the scenes she's in as I marvel at how she finally got rid of that greasiness and finally has various more realistic shades of blond hair on her head. I don't know why it took so long but it's good to see good hair on Case's head again.

Heinle had some wildness going on Thursday, too. What was the left side of her head about?

And Ashley's hair looks great.

I also liked everyone's wardrobe, except for the Scoobies. Amber's top is just WRONG and damn Kevin and that tight shirt.

Of course, I have to comment on these little significant shallow elements of Y&R because I've read all the spoilers. Dammit LOL. The baby switch is imminent free-indifferent-smileys-438.gif, the gaslighting story is just dreadfully dull, the Scoobies are like watching a car accident over and over again, and Mary Jane is becoming irrelevant.

I hated how Victor tried to threaten her. At this point, he can't scare Humphrey out of the room: his stupidity has undermined him tremendously. And Mary Jane getting away and into the ranch WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO VICTOR NEWMAN.

So I have to talk about hair and stuff. Otherwise, I'd be free-mad-smileys-264.gif all day.

• Members

LOVE:

Deacon. Don't care if he's a scuzzy, greasy reptile who looks like he doesn't believe in deoderant. The character knows his way around a gal's comforter and throw pillows. Just ask Bridget Forrester, Brooke Logan and Jackie Marone.

Deacon's sidekick. Yum.

Amelia Heinle's hair. alphanguy74 mentioned it and I concur. Amelia should pull a Drake Hogestyn and let her hair do the acting.

Stacy Haiduk and Mary Jane. I don't care that MJ's nuttier than a squirrel's bowl of cereal. I love her and I want SH to stay on the show. Her and Kitty. And Kitty's pink travelling bag.

Nikki gossiping. C'mon, you guys. You knew she was bursting to spill.

Victor ever so slightly afraid now that MJ is BSC and, therefore, totally unpredictable.

HATE:

Amber and Daniel acting like crazy teenagers. Both actors are long past 30.

Jack obstinately refusing to see that Sharon doesn't wuv him. I thought Hogan wrote "men with balls"? Jack was doing his best MJ imitation with his "I have the patience to wait until you love me as much as I love you" spiel. Time to buy a clue! When Sharin' keeps telling you "Let's just be FRENZ", cannot make eye contact and starts panting uncontrollably whenever "Nick" is mentioned, this means She Just Isn't That Into You.

The Silver Chipmunk. Let's never mention this again, please. Especially in conjunction with "high school girls" and a certain former pedophile.

The Silver Chipmunk Philosophy aired on a radio show called "Everyday Heroes." OK. The propping of Kevin, Jana and Amber has GOT to STOP! What's next? Bringing back the SOAPnet voiceover artiste who does TSC's voice?

The lightening pace of the show. Two weeks ago, Phyllis and MJ were just getting to know each other as possible BFFs. Tomorrow's previews show Phick uncovering Da Crazy in MJ's hotel room while Adam is proposing an alliance with MJ who he hasn't even met yet! Woah. Slow the [!@#$%^&*] down.

Ashley and Sharon's coinciding due dates. Didn't Ash get preggers months before Sharon started texting all the numbers she didn't recognize on her cell log? Has anybody told Eric Braeden that Nick's sperm is officially more speedy and powerful than Victor's?

• Members

Looked like some of the issues people had were solved today with Paul very much in the mix.

I like Deacon already, and that wink to Amber across the room was just pure slimeball. Loved it.

Regarding MM, as someone else said yesterday was the first day I bought him in the role. I was waiting to see if he had that same chemistry with Bergman that CE did and he brought some of that lighthearted jerk charm to his performance yesterday. Too excited about the two crazies teaming up :)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed Victor doesn't completely intimidate MJ and he knows it. She's bat [!@#$%^&*], and it's all Victor's fault. Can't wait to see what she does now that she's at the ranch.

• Members

I waited for Kanan to come back to soaps for ages. I just wish he was on B&B. Watching Amber and Deacon sharing scenes again will be like watching B&B, not Y&R.

Is anyone else afraid that the blonde guy might turn out to be Little Eric? I was until Deacon referred to the boy's father being a miserable thief.

What was up with that silly music they played while Nikki was spilling the beans to Victoria and almost to Heather? Was that supposed to be comic relief?

I love that MJ is getting tired of Victor's threats, I want him to pay.

And count me in as someone who is *relieved* that they did something with Sharon's hair.

• Members

If Deacon has to stay, can they please get him away from the Scobbies and Amelia Heinle?

Every storyline the Scobbies are in suck, is ridiculous, and something straight out of a 70's cartoon. Amelia Hinele has chemistry with no one and she's severely miscast in the role she's supposed to be playing. Can they possibly recast with a more fierce actress and then try Victoria/Deacon?

Also, Phyllis needs a new love interest, just saying....

• Members

In order for Hogan to prop his favorites, other men have to be made to look weak. During Hogan's days of endlessly pushing Craig/Carly and making Craig into a sociopathic monster who was always smarter, always funnier, always better than everyone else, he made sure Jack Snyder was completely weak and pathetic. He even had Jack raped by his crazy ex Julia, and had Craig show up later on to rescue Jack and laugh at Jack being sexually assaulted.

The pacing is so fast that nothing is ever explored. It's an easy way out for writers who are either incapable of or afraid of playing emotional beats. I imagine Hogan finds those boring.

• Members

Thoughts on today's show:

Interesting how MM plays 'sexy' with Rafe the same as Heather. I'm beginning to wonder if Adam may truly be bi-sexual.

Paul's new glasses? No.

LOVED the sequence where Adam first "sees" MJ outside! How cool was that?? Was she a vision of love? A vision of a deer caught in the headlights - prey?

Deacon/Amber flashbacks - nice. They're doing a good job of setting him up and filling us in on who he is. SK is doing a good job so far. You can tell he needs this to work. Is it just me or do AH and Deacon have chemistry? And could the boy who is helping Deacon be Little Eric?? Hmm..

Stacy Haiduk is a shoe-in for an Emmy in Best Supporting Actress, sorry TC and JW. I called it first, cara mia! Her scenes with Adam are so believable and captivating i watched some her scenes twice. MM is a lucky duck cause he's got the best actress on the show to play with.

Paul and Victor scenes - incredible! Because we never see Victor have to hide or squirm - and Victor is slipping and sliding all over the place. Victor is scared of Paul finding out the truth!? HA! That was cool.

Heather is the Newman whipping girl........again. What a thankless, hopeless, stupid role. I think Vail Bloom deserves so much better. i just wish they would show Heather crying and beating herself up over making all these mistakes and resolve to be BETTER.

Archived