June 8-12, 2009

Toups

• Members

LOVE them, they're the only two soaps I watch daily - but I just don't see any other network or netlet picking them up - maybe it's the economy, maybe not, but I don't know that the budget would be there for anyone since everywhere I look it's all this reality show trash that probably costs next to nothing to make and people seem to swarm to.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

UGH!!! Does the Neilsen Family have something against CBS and P&G??? I just can't believe that few people watch these shows that swirl around the bottom of the ratings heap - everything is digital this and hi-def that, isn't there a more accurate way to measure viewership? I'd bet dollars to donuts that Neilsen ratings are off by at least a few million per show if not more from how many people are actually watching.

• Members

I agree about everything you said. I just hope there is someone out there that will pick them up before they keep hitting new lows like last week a very bad week again. I hope toups was playing around, but he is not about the new lows for the 3 cbs soaps.

• Members

I think your right they have to be a few million off there is no way they can keep going this low, I know the writing is bad but come on it isn't Passions 2.0 like how there ratings went down. I don't want any of them canceled, I like all of the soaps now they are all good right now even tho the writing is bad for some of them.

• Members

They really have... and I hope the ratings start to reflect that a little more. I know ratings and HH aren't the be-all-and-end-all, but it would be nice to have somthing to point to when the nay-sayers get a bit much.

• Members

It shouldn't surprise me that all three dropped again. They are all horrible to watch right now. Bradley Bell didn't get any genious genes from his papa, William J. Bell. The show is boring and dull.

Goutman and Pissanante continue to clusterfuck ATWT with horrible stories/actors in the roles. Why these two are still in power is absurd, ridiculous and outright stupid.

GL just treads along until its cancellation in September.

• Members

So I guess CBS is in major trouble. At least Y&R is moving along hopefully in an upward direction number wise. I am NOT a fan of ATWT but I feel badly for GL for so many reasons but the dropping ratings is just how is goes when a cancellation is announced. For the past couple of weeks I have been watching AMC, B&B, DAYS, OLTL and Y&R. I happen to be enjoying them all at the moment.

Archived