Examples of SORASing messing up timelines

• Members

On AMC Jake Martin is talking about when he thought he was Colby's father when she was being born. In real life this was around ten years ago but since Colby was SORASed from like 6 to 15 in 2006 and is now around 19 how young was Jake when Colby was being born if Colby is now 19? What are some more examples of this?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to the new timeline Jake would have been around 19 or 20 which is the age he was involved with Emily Ann and pining after Julie I think. LOL

One of the biggest examples is Kendall herself which has thrown off the whole AMC timeline. Erica is no longer the counterpart of her rival Tara, but is the age of her adopted brother Tad. Also the new timeframe would have made Erica about 13 when AMC premiered.

Also Kendall is supposed to be older than Charlie who was born when several years after Kendall's supposed birth.

If Charlie ever returns to the show they will either totally ignore that or Charlie will have to be around JR and Jamie's age now which will make him even younger than his own sister Kelsey who was born about 9 years after him on the show.

Which is why I think we will never see Charlie Brent again.

• Members

On GL, Rick and Mel Bauer have a child who was born in 2003 (?) and who is now entering college or in college. Not only was this ridiculously pointless, as she has never had a storyline that I can recall, but she is now older than Daisy, who was originally born in 1986 and was about 11 or 12 when she came to town in 1998. Then when Daisy returned to town around 2006 or 2007, she was only around 16 years old. None of it makes any sense to me.

On ATWT, Ellen Stewart was a teenage girl in the late 50s. She had a son, Dan, she gave up for adoption. A few years later, she married the adoptive father, David. David had a son, Paul, with his late wife. By the late early 70s, both of these boys were in their early or mid 20s. Ellen became a matriarch, and Ellen's mother Claire should now close to being a great-grandmother, in spite of her not being that old. Claire was abruptly killed off and I assume as a gift to Barbara Berjer for this confusion, she was moved to GL as Barbara Norris. In the early 70s, Ellen and David had two daughters, Dee and Annie. By 1976 or 1977, both of these girls had been aged to around 18, which must have made Ellen seem geriatric, and I wonder if that's one of the reasons why Dan, who was now also pushed into an older age bracket, was killed off.

Tom Hughes, who was born in 1961 or so, returned to town in the early 70s as a drug-addicted Vietnam veteran.

• Members

Leah " I refuse to call her a Bauer Boudreaux" is the worst rapid aging in the history of daytime. The girl literally went from a 3 month old baby to a teenager over night. :angry:

Leah has now leaped ahead of her big brother Jude, cousin Robbie,Zach,Emma,Clarissa,Kevin and James marler,Maureen and Will. All of those kids were born before her.

• Members

This is why ,overall I am against SORASing.

If a few years were added here and there ,and it was consistent,it would be OK.

Instead,we get these drastic changes,which suddenly make all the older characters way older than they should be.

It is just lazy storytelling.

Days was bad when Julie's son David was aged.He should have been about 7 and was aged to early 20's.It limited the stories for Julie,especially a few years later when she became a grandmother.It made Alice a great,great grandmother.

Days had Sandy Horton and Steve Olsen as core family members in the younger age group,but they were never used.It also meant that by the mid 80's,David was considered useless,when,instead he should have been emerging as a major character.

• Members

EJ is the biggest example I can think of currently on the Days canvas. EJ was born in 1997, but yet he's the same age as Sami/Eric, Lucas, Carrie, Brady etc...

Phillip was born in what 1995 or 96? But is the same age as Belle and Shawn and that crowd...

• Members

I get most annoyed when characters are aged from adolescents to early 20s. Why skip all those rich years with them as teenagers causing hell for their parents? It seems so short sighted.

UNLESS it's to match them up to others on the canvas that they'd conceivably be peers with, like Chloe on Y&R. I don't mind that we missed most of her child and all of her formative years.

• Members

I think that one of the worst SORASing was done to Heather Stephens on Y&R.

I remember her as a baby while Paul and Nikki were still at high school.

Now Victoria was born a good 5 years after April left town with Heather to go to NY.

Fast forward a few year's April returns to Genoa City with a 12 year old Heather, but Victoria was a good 5 - 7 years older.

• Members

I think that is when SORASing looks worse is when they allow some to grow up on screen and SORAS others around them.

OLTL did that with Jessica for the most part and now with Starr.

Secret Storm did it with Amy keeping Jada Rowland in the role for years.

It just makes things look worse when it is not applied equally.

Archived