GL: June Discussion

• Members

Seriously. Leave it to Wheeler and her crackpot group of writers to actually give CBS public justification for cancelling the show...

All I can say is that I'm tuning back in June 23rd for Ed's return and I'll be staying until the end. Quite frankly they better impress me with these final few months. Otherwise, I suggest stringing those idiots up on the nearest tree in Peapack feet first and let the local wildlife suck out their eyes.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay...could someone seriously tell GL that cookie baking is not a story. Between that and the gratuitous "muffin" mentions between O and Josh, I was going into carb shock.

And I checked the credits. It's Rob Bogue as AC Mallet and Mandy Bruno as Marina Camalletti. WTF????

• Members

I missed this "Must See," GL event...who was baking cookies and why? To smuggle a saw in for Reva? To poison Alan? What was the reason for the cookie baking???I am sure it is going to have me on the edge of my seat!

• Members

Yeah, Otalia were baking. Why? Because they can't let them kiss. I mean the Earth might spin off it's axis and hurl us all into the sun if they were allowed more than a millisecond of physical contact! :rolleyes:

The Mallet or Camaletti thing has been driving me crazy and it's not just in the credits. Onscreen, they go back and forth between calling Marina Mrs. Mallet and Mrs. Camaletti. That's not even bad writing, that's just not giving a damn.

• Members

That is just lazy...they can't even do enough thinking to pick one name, give a reason, and stick to it.

So O went from the boardroom to baking cookies????WTF!!! They dismantle the Bauer Kitchen to make the show "younger," but then feature people baking freakin' cookies???? God, I just want to go out to Peapack before July 23, lure Wheeler to a van (by dragging a copy of "Soap Opera for Beginners," with a string) kidnap her, and after hitting a few pubs and filling that poor skinny wretch with burgers and some beer, ask her "Just what the f*ck were you thinking?? How could you think that anyone would want to watch this crap? Did you learn anything from your mistakes??" I will then take her and dump her off at her favorite filming locals, Grady's Shed, and say, "Thanks..this is what you turned GL into!"

(Disclaimer, I have no intention of kidnapping Wheeler or even going to Peapack...good lord the blubering, whining and "New Age," attempts and hand holding would drive me to distraction!!! If anyone kidnaps her its gonna be the Brad Cole lunatics when Jeffie is shot!)

Which gives me a good idea, instead of the useless picketing of CBS and Lifetime, why dont the fans picket the GL filming with signs reading "Wheeler sucks, only not in a good way!" "Ellen step away from the camcoder...." etc.

• Members

What annoys me the most is that I don't think Ms. Wheeler has any clue about how she decimated this show. I agree with the other poster who said did she really think anyone would watch this drivel? For me, GL died on 2/29/08. The show wasn't in the best shape before that date, but at least it looked like a soap and had a storyline.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, Wheeler should have said go to hell with less production values and brought back fan favorites and ended the show on a high note. Instead we have nonexistent stories with awful production values. Just way too many remotes with characters just standing there.

• Members

I think the problem with the "remotes," is that Wheeler is soo infatuated that she goes overboard, even if they are not appropriate to the scene. I think that she is also experimenting on her own and for the brass, but I for one, am not interested in watching people experiment with these things.

I still think that if Wheeler had put more emphasis on the permanent sets, and in creating several large, well thought out and "lit," public spaces that would have helped.....she should have really gone all out on a Cedars set, a Beacon lobby set (say they went condo), etc. Instead she creates an elaborate (and ugly) police station (cause the Coopers are all cops dont you know) but that makes no sense that everyone in town would hang out there. I would much rather have fewer sets and people having conversations in these public areas then watching them have them in equally public (but somehow uninhabited) spaces outside. I think another problem with the remotes are that it takes me out of the "fantasy,' that this is Springfield and it just becomes actors in Peapack reciting lines. I have no idea why that would make a difference as opposed to watching other filmed drama series, but it does (maybe as shows like DH have the money to create elaborate stylized sets that make me believe I am in the fantasy world of Wysteria Lane, and not just some suburban hood they have leased for the day to quickly film. )

• Members

I think there was a reason to the cookie-baking....to show that Natalia's fellow church-goers are ostracizing her by not showing up. It's just a ham-handed way of making the point. And I had no idea why or what the cooking baking was about though. I got the impression it was something Natalia suggested. But if it was for a charity or what, I don't have a clue.

I guess I don't hear the on-screen references...I tend to FF Marina and everything connected to her.

• Members

First episode that I watched in weeks a few points:

1. The episode itself really wasn't that bad. There were a few low points. I hate how Beth is reacting this whole James mess. I see they've looked to the Beth of 1997 for inspiration, not the one who would have have disapproved of James's actions.

2. They mentioned Nola today! That just made my day. I like that the show had Lizzie, Bill, and Rick interact today, and not with the usual suspects. I've always been a fan of displaying Lizzie and Rick's relationship.

3. What is Ashlee's reason for existing on the canvas these days?

4. I liked the discussion Natalia and Olivia had about sex today.

Archived