GL: June Discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would tune into GL or any show to see DAM and to hear him read the phone book - DAM could make Smith sound intersting and I can imagine what Edmund would do with it - yes more DAM please no matter what - however Eddie will always have my heart.

GL HOTLINE: 866 - 695 - 1859

email: [email protected]

B)

• Members

I'm not reading what people say in this thread because going by prior evidence, it's probably relentlessly negative and I don't want to get agitated. I don't have the energy for it. There are more mixed, or positive, boards elsewhere.

But I just want to go on record that I continue to like the show -- all the stories, all the characters. I no longer think Marina killed Edmund, but I still think this may have been the original plan before they changed it becase the show was ending. I like Cyrus figuring out Remy's secret, and Remy attempting to cover it with the card game. I like Reva raging at the world. I like Josh helping Jeffrey with the setup and the escape. I am looking forward to Ed Bauer.

I continue to like EJ Bonilla's acting especially. The scene a little over a week ago when Rafe stumbled across Daisy taking the trash out, was awesome, really natural. The saying "No" and "I don't know" in a lot of different ways (responding to whether he was going to help Frank move, whether he was going to the mall, whether he was okay) was cool. Later in the scene, Rafe saying people don't change their minds all of a sudden, and Daisy saying she does all the time and Rafe's "YOU do", then Daisy's women are complicated, then Rafe's "I need a hug" -- it was all so good. Rafe and Daisy have a TON of friend chemistry. They had a lot of couple chemistry too.

I also find it interesting watching Rafe being mad at his mom but not wanting to be, kind of like Parker and Carly on ATWT. I'm glad he showed up at the house briefly for his birthday last Friday.

I wanted to see an Emma-Rafe scene though .... I am upset that the show did not have Rafe come back again later, and that he wasn't on at all today. They are really making him less sympathetic than they should be in this story. I think he would be trying to find out more from his mom about why she loves Olivia, not continuing to avoid the subject as he is doing. He better be on again this week! Get him out of the sanctimonious, judgmental Frank orbit, ugh. If he has to be expressing doubts with someone rather than supportive (in my mind, he would have been more supportive after finding out), do it with Father Ray. That Father Ray scene last Friday was decent. I did like how he cooked for Frank, that's about all I like of him and Frank.

• Members

Thanks for your analysis, jfung79. You say a lot of stuff that helps me with more insights into the show, insights I usually don't get from the scenes.

I'm glad we're seeing more of Blake, even if it's just as handholder to various characters.

Kim Zimmer was horrible today. I've never minded her OTTness because most of the time I think she keeps in character, but today was off the charts. I don't know how Liz Keifer avoided fleeing in horror.

• Members

I have to agree about KZ. I guess she was going for frazzled but it was just way too much, especially with Blake. The biggest problem with this whole thing is that she's standing there shreiking"I want my husband back!" and all I can do is roll my eyes and say "Why?". It doesn't help that his little plan is ridiculous, isn't necessary to getting Reva off the hook or proving that Edmund might be alive, and involves the desecration of the grave of a young girl blown to bits by a landmine. If Shayne doesn't dump Dinah after finding out about that, he's a scum too and has no right to be any part of Lara's baby's life.

The part that really made me sick was how they had Blake spewing the company line about the town serial rapist, going on and on about what a magnificent husband and father he is, just like they had his rape victim Olivia do last week. Ugh, so they FINALLY decide to kill off the worst character in the history of...well...um...the worst character in the history of just plain anything and rather than admit to what a scum he is and has always been and give all the viewers who have suffered through him for six long years some real satisfaction for their trouble, they're gonna try to sell us that he's some tragic hero so that any Jeva reunion that might occur at the end of the show will be nothing but a middle finger to the fans?! Yeah, great idea guys! :rolleyes: The pimping of this character is insane.

While I get the symbolism of Reva putting the old lamp in the window, it just sucks that they're wasting it on Reva and Jeffrey, especially since we're in the final stretch here, and her pathetic whining over this ass makes her look like a complete moron.

I was thrilled to see Blake and she handled PsychoReva and Natalia perfectly. I want Blake and Holly scenes and I want them right now!!! Where does this show find so many people who get more gorgeous as they age anyway? Keifer, McKinney, Newman, Chappell, Sloane, Chamberlin, Tesrau, Wright, Kinkaid, Garrett, Aleksander, etc.

0622102336ATSC621.jpg6-229.jpg

When Dinah was standing over Lara's grave talking to her about hoping that if she were there, she'd be okay with what she and Jeffrey are doing, all I could think was that I wished Lara would reach her hand up through the dirt and choke them both. The chick who screwed the father of her child in front of her grave a few weeks ago is now desecrating her grave in order to probably kill her father? Yeah, I'm sure Lara would be just peachy with that Dinah. :rolleyes:

I was glad that Rafe didn't go back to the house, it wouldn't be realistic. He has too many anger issues to get over this quickly. You also have to remember that he was probably raised by Natalia to follow the Catholic church's party line on homosexuality so this has to be a huge shock for him. Not only the same-sex part but the realization that his mother is a sexual being. It was easy for him to ignore when his mother was pining for and then marrying his own father but this is a whole different ballgame.

I really hope that Natalia isn't pregnant. Not only would it be stupid, cliched, and a slap in the face to the Otalia fans but the poor thing would be doomed. It has IdiotFrank as a father and Nat's been knocking back the booze for weeks now. What few brain cells it started out with would be gone by now.

I'm throwing in a gratuitous pic of baby Henry just because he's so freaking cute.

0622102111ATSC621.jpg

I can't believe that Ed & Phillip weren't in the preview though, they're on tomorrow.

• Members

You're right about the good looks while aging, and most of them seem to have had little to no plastic surgery.

I've just about given up on seeing Holly again.

Since Shayne likes feisty women (even Marina was relatively feisty back then), you'd think the Lara he sees wouldn't be so drippy. I hope they're not going to let Marina and Mallet keep the baby.

• Members

Ed! EEEEE!

Only like 2 seconds of him, but tomorrow should be better in that department.

Otherwise, this was actually a superlative show. Lots of characters on today and the ones who were on didn't suck. I can tolerate how much we got of Jeffrey today, knowing what is about to happen, lol. Even the Wonder Twins (Mallet and Marina) were tolerable today.

The wedding planning scenes were fabulous. Vanessa! Lillian! Billy! Alex! And them swarming over Lizzie and Bill like sharks trying to take over the wedding planning was perfect. But the best part was that 2-second (I WISH we could get much, much more of them) Billy and Vanessa scene. I HOPE that was foreshadowing. I actually think I'd like a reunion for them moreso than a Jeva reunion. At least, they are well on their way.

I'm starting to think that a grandiose reunion for Jeva isn't necessary for the finale. I loved Sam and Tony's ER reunion. Holding hands and a loving glance. An embrace Maybe a kiss. It's simple, subdued, but no less poignant than some fancy-schmancy event.

If only they had the ability to crank out episodes like this more consistently. They can do wonders when they focus on the right characters (Hint: Not Remy, Christina, Ashlee, Daisy, Rafe, Cyrus, Jeffrey, and a few others I am probably forgetting...).

• Members

jeff is a lying hypocrtie - you - know - what - he tells Josh to stay away from his wife - however when Edmund told jeff to stay away from his wife - jeff could have cared less if Cassie was married and jumped into bed with her and when Cassie was married to Richard - jeff pretended to be her husband and slept with her - which is fraud and rape and of course that has been excused and glossed over like everything he does to make jeffie a saint and drove viewers away and into the basement - too bad GL didn't get the mistake of forcing jeff on us - ruining characters like Edmund and ruining any good couple for jeff - before maybe it's too late to save our GL - however I want Edmund to live - because DAM is the best and GL should have used him more and better - Let Eddie Live!!!!!!

GL HOTLINE: 866 - 695 - 1859

email: [email protected]

:rolleyes:

• Members

We finally saw Ed today. They saved him for the last 10 seconds, of course, but he was still a sight for sore eyes. Phillip showed up at his office looking for Dr. Bauer. Ed walks in. The nurse tries to announce Phillip but Ed tells her that he know who he is. He has asks Phillip what on Earth brings him out there.

6-231.jpg6-232.jpg

Preview of Wednesday June 24th

Alan: "I've come here to rescue you. You don't belong here."

6-235.jpg6-236.jpg

6-237.jpg

Beth: "You're loving this. This is the perfect way for you to ensure that James stays mad at his father and you stay in control."

6-238.jpg6-239.jpg

Ed: "Why'd you fly half-way across the country to see a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases?"

6-233.jpg6-234.jpg

Phillip: "Something's wrong. I think it could be serious."

6-2310.jpg6-2311.jpg

Archived