GL: June Discussion

• Members

Seriously....did I just hear Mallet, the former hitman, whine, piss and moan about people who cover up murders??

The Bill/Lizzie/Beth/Alex/Lillian/Vanessa stuff was cute. I wish TIIC would stop teasing me with little snippets of Billy teasing Vanessa and trying to get her back if it's going absolutely nowhere. *sigh* Now I'll have dreams of Villy getting married on the beach.

Peter Simon doesn't look like he's aged a day.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, you did. I can't believe Marina didn't mention it either. She seems pretty appalled by his behavior lately so his hypocrisy should be blatantly obvious even to her.

I know. They need to give us at least a few scene with them back together as a couple. The wedding stuff was kinda cute but Lizzie's had two weddings already, why are they acting like she has no clue? Granted the first wedding ended in disaster and she Coop never actually got married but the wedding got planned and it was a lavish affair at Towers, with a huge cake and a gorgeous gown.

He's drinking the Peapack anti-aging water now too I guess.

• Members

Quite frankly, the only death I wanna see is Wheeler hanging from a pole in the Peapack town square...

Of course, the fact is that GL is still shooting, so who knows what will happen...

• Members

Killing Phillip would be the type of oh-so-clever writing (the show is dying, so a big character has to die) that I can't stand. Who wants to see this? Say what you will about AW's finale, but they had the right idea -- happy endings.

• Members

I might as well say, again, how pleased I am to see Blake moved closer to other characters. She still has no story of her own, and probably never will, but compared to her plots over the past few years (coma, crazy blog, obsessing over Coop), this is an improvement. It seems more like the Blake who should have been, the sarcastic, sexy, savvy PR expert of Sherry and early Liz. Has she ever had any scenes with Olivia before this? I guess there was the Phillip Wives Club.

I think the writing for Otalia has declined and I feel sorry for their fans, especially with what is coming up. I hope this isn't going to get awful because there were a lot of people who started watching daytime, or came back to daytime, because of this story, and I'd hate to see them leave again when GL's done, this time for good.

• Members

Well hang on to your hats, as our favorite anorexic executive producer not only is going to have Phillip die, but Rick too! Or maybe Rick will die instead of Phillip (I am sure in some lame ass, donating something to save Phillip storyline that Wheeley felt was going to totally inspire her audience.)

Oops, there I go again, being negative (but really, what is there to be positive about.

I do like Blake being thrown into this, you just know, with Blake's mommy issues, that she experimented in that swiss boarding school. Can't believe they dont just hook Blake up with Matt, they can do a NuGL offscreen back story for them, I dont care, it is just ridiculous that hot ass characters like Blake and Matt are wondering aimlessly around this Village of the Damned alone, as if they were freaks of nature and couldnt find anyone.

On that note, why are we still wasting time with Ashley, Daisy and Rafe...just scrub them all and bring back the oldies but goodies and let them take us out of this dreary little show.

• Members

OMG. I remember that too! Too funny.

GL should end happy. They should move heaven and earth to get Maureen Garret back so Holly and Ed can wed. Billy and Vanessa should be together, ditto Reva and Josh. Ditto Phillip and Beth.

I suppose in EW's warped EP mind, it would be a tragic twist to have Phillip die. But it sucks.

Honestly, I'm not going to add this show to my DVR again until around the middle of August. I catch it a couple times a week when I work from home and even then I can't watch an entire episode. It's on in the background and I usually end up turning the channel.

Looks like JLH isn't the god-send everyone was making her out to be. And it's not like she wasn't there before they promoted her to HW. So I wasn't expecting much.

• Members

Honestly I think Rick should have been killed off not long after Phillip's return if they wanted to do a dramatic story. We barely see him anyway. To have one or both of them die near the end of the show is a horrible and depressing writing choice. GL is supposed to be about hope. What happened to find your light? Do they take that to mean everyone walking down the tunnel to reunite with old Shep and Great Grandma Jones?

My aunt is quitting GL, a show she's watched off and on for 30 years, because she's so disgusted by the stories and what's coming up with various character deaths. It's a pathetic way for the show to go out.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Blake get together with Frank, but now that she's become so involved in promoting a relationship which hurt Frank and which he hates, I don't know how that would look. Matt has never done much for me but I wouldn't mind seeing them get together. They could laugh about finally being with someone close to their own age.

I just want my Vanessa/Billy reunion, dammit. And Holly. And a few others.

The show seems to be going through horrible backstage turmoil at the moment (with Gina Tognoni abruptly quitting being another), so I'm not sure whether JLH deserves blame or not. I'd like to think if GL had been given another year, they could have continued to improve. At least let me have my delusions.

I also wish they could bring Mindy back full time until the finale. I hate that she has been exiled, minus a few guest appearances, for 15 years. She needs to be there as her best friends go through this final turmoil.

• Members

OK Carl. IA with most of your post, but I'm curious about something.

You seem to always give the "writers" of this show - particularly JLH - the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their so-called VISION for GL. And yet, on the Y&R thread, you won't let MAB get away with anything - even if it's something as trivial as a character sratching his ass the wrong way. Why? B)

Archived