OLTL: Discussion for the week May 25

• Members

Nash's parents, oh my god.. how did they not know about his death???

Your son is dead, okay, let's read a letter!

Wow.

I wonder what the dad will do after he saw Viki on TV?

Starr and Cole finally know the truth :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whatever the case, "useless" is "useless." I personally have no desire to see either Cristian or Layla (or Crayla) given more airtime/story. I don't know why they keep either character around at this point. Thanks to DF's habitually wooden and vague persona, none of Cristian's stories are ever interesting because he's just so boring and has an extremely limited acting range. For that reason, he's habitually drawn to the backburner...despite the sporadic attempts they make to keep him off it. And Layla. Meh. Soap writers have, IMO, 2 years (and that's being EXTREMELY generous) to give a new character/in-coming actor a major story to make them a significant part of the show. Her time is up.

• Members

I think Layla is interesting when they give her a chance. I think the actress is capable, she just never has any material. She did well when she heard of Talia's death. Cristian is dead wood, but even he was once entertaining, like his first time around with Natalie.

OLTL has so much dead wood taking up the front burner (Todd, Marty as long as she's near Todd or John, John, Gigi, Rex, Stacey), I think that's what they should concentrate on weeding out.

• Members

This is what happens when the sole purpose for either of these characters are to show a false sense of diversity. Maybe actually writing for them and injecting them into the main storylines would give them a purpose and a sense of belonging. Layla could have befriended any of the females of the show or how about giving her a storyline of her own sense it seems everyone else is getting one.

I can see getting rid of other useless characters that are actually getting airtime kyle. fish, schuyler, gigi, shane, stacey, jared

• Members

Thank god the truth is finally out. I'm also glad they're using Vicki and Charlie more in this storyline. IMO, I think it helps ground the story for me. The fact that Nash's parents didn't know he had died doesn't bother me. He was a baby when they lost him and they had no contact with him what so ever. Jess had her breakdown at his funeral and was out of commission for all those months so she would not have thought to and could not let them know about the accident. Can't wait for tomorrow to see Mike and Marcie's reaction to the truth.

• Members

I thought yesterdays show was rather good, the only part that I FF'd was Cris and Layla, just don't get them and I've never been a fan of either character so honestly I could care less about them.

Loved finally seeing Viki and Charlie alone and playing a bigger part in this baby storyline, which it should have been way sooner than now. And I really liked the scenes between Viki and Todd, for a change. Hope to see more of Viki/Charlie today, hopefully the news plea plays out more today.

It was a lot of suspense today with telling Starr, Cole, Michael and Marcie about Hope/Chloe. Can't wait to see more of it today and everyone's reaction to the news.

Archived