Guilding Light replacement?

• Members

It's on YouTube. There's two episodes, the finale from 1975, and a black-and-white copy of an earlier episode with a REALLY cute contestant named Michael.

LOL Price is my #1 favorite game show, but those people...idk...they're not very pleasant haha.

You mean this? I get all of my game show music from http://www.gameshowthemesongs.net

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the CBS game show block in the 1980s and early 1990s. Bob Barker's The Price is Right, Ray Combs's Family Feud, Dick Clark's $25,000 Pyramid, Bob Eubanks's Card Sharks were my favorites. I caught episodes here and there of Tattletales, Press Your Luck, Body Language, Chuck Henry's Now You See It, Bob Goen's Wheel of Fortune. CBS has not had any game shows other than TPiR in over 15 years so it would be interesting to see if game shows can make a comeback on the network. Hopefully the new version of Pyramid will be alot better than Donny Osmond's version.

• Members

LOL. ;)

I think what's more upsetting to me is that CBS would have had the perfect combination in Pyramid and Price as game shows, given that they contrast each other, the former a word game, the latter a fun extravaganza of doors and prizes.

The only thing that sets "Let's Make a Deal" apart from Price is the bidding element.

Wayne Brady as host doesn't bother me nearly as much...yeah he makes "Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X," but he appeals to that certain demo that love to see cheesy, Bob Saget-esque humor.

GRRRRRRR! Between Maria hacking up Y&R and Deal, there's really no incentive to tune into daytime television anymore. Well, maybe for The View.

• Members

Considering how much it costs to produce a game show, I'm sure even similar ratings to GL will be considered a hit. Like I said before, it'll be much more interesting to see what happens when ATWT is cancelled. Will they add another game show, a talk show, DAYS or is it the beginning of the end for their soaps?

• Members

No way will LMAD improve on GL's ratings.

I doubt the demos will be any better.The only advantage for CBS is that it will be cheaper to produce.

I wonder if the timeslots will be all over thae place,like GL.

How long will it last?

Ironic if it doesn't make it through it's first season.

Wordplay replaced SFT on NBC and lasted less than a year.

Passions never bettered AW in the ratings(although some demos were better)

• Members
Embassy Row/Sony could have been looking for contestants in the event the show got the goahead from CBS.

I'm really, really sad about it.

Each show was developed as an hourlong pilot.

Hopefully, "Pyramid" will resurface as a midseason syndie replacement or will debut in primetime...

I hate CBS's hardon for FREEmantle Media. <_<:rolleyes:

• Members

CBS may also decide to put another daytime soap in it's place, should LMAD completely tank. That slot occupied by Search was eventually filled by Generations.

But seeing that Y&R only got a two year pickup is not a vote of confidence. :(

• Members

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It sucks. Just sucks. WHY did they opt for LMAD instead of Pyramid? I love Deal and all, and I'll be watching it, but what could have possibly made them choose Deal over Pyramid? Did they not read the internet response to the Pyramid pilot? Oh wait, I see. Deal is more able to be turned into one of those shitty feigned-suspense shows like Deal/No Deal, Lyrics, etc.

Ugh. What would it have cost them to just do a half-hour of each?

Archived