Guilding Light replacement?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not going to happen, but I'd like to see another half-hour soap, with input from Claire Labine, who really loved the half-hour format and blames going to an hour for the downhill slide of daytime.

• Members

IDK....I think Pyramid is one of those shows that can only survive when it's around other game shows. And plus, the only times it has been successful is when Dick Clark is hosting (except for Bill Cullen's syndicated version in the 70s). Maybe it wouldn't work all that well.

I don't know about LMAD either. The *only* way that it would work, IMO, is if they intentionally made it retro in style and tone. A show like that...based mainly around grocery store items, with other large household prizes (stoves, living rooms, kitchens, washing machines, TV sets, etc)...seems sort of outdated now. The Price is Right stayed stuck in the 70s stylistically until Drew took over, so I think it would be interesting if a new Let's Make a Deal came on, with purposely 70s decor and Monty Hall as host. They would have to make room for it in the morning, though, because that would NEVER fly in GL's timeslot.

Archived