Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan Flannery said so in her interview with that Fairman-dude, didn't she? That's a source close enough. She was referring to writing win, though, if I recall correctly.

YAY for B&B's Emmy win. And it couldn't be more deserving. It was their sh*ttiest year ever but they had the best Emmy reel, obe that was absolutely marvellous and would have been deserving in all three main ctageories and acting (How stupid can you be KKL??? This would have been your chance!????). And finally they got it. What bitter irony. I don't feel for the other nominated show though 'cause for the last years always the most stunt-driven and worst won. So Kudos to Brad Bell!

• Members

No disrespect to you or to La Flannery, but when is she trusted with anything that has to do with anyone's retirement? Even her own? She's been threatening to do that for the past ten years now and everytime it seems that Brad gets on the ramp with a backup plan for her exit, she ends up staying and throwing everything out of alignment.

KKL was a pre-nom this year. But yet again, not nominated. What she submitted, who the hell knows. Everything I've seen usually goes for a very OTT or very dramatic reel. She should always go for more subtle moments with her character, especially since voters expect an overly dramatic/over the top Emmy Reel from a B&B actor.

• Members

I bet their(and her) strategy was, "Show her acting opposite someone where she has that 'Susan' thing." In theory, it makes sense. Storm's suicide really had nothing to with Brooke and she was a mere supporting player. So she needed something that would make HER stand out as opposed to the story. The problem with that line of thinking is that KKL can't do Sue Flannery style theatrics without coming off as a complete shrew and/or rank amateur.

KKL is a great actress, but her problem suffers from a lack of campaigning for votes and picking the wrong reels. And 2009 is more than half the way gone and she doesn't have a solid reel yet. If she does want to be nominated before the end of the Daytime Emmys, I certainly hope she made her rounds and played nice at the parties this year.

• Members

OLTL gets best directing and GH gets best writing?

WTF?

OLTL is the sloppiest directed show next to GL. Yeah they can step up to the plate sometimes (like the Millionaire episode, and the location scenes at Atlantic City), but for the rest of the year their episodes lacks continuity production wise.

Don't get me started on GH's win in the writing department. The team might be some of the best in the industry, but the Head Writer is a complete a--hole who is burnt out of ideas.

:D Congrats to B&B on their first win for Best Show.

• Members

Dr. Phil wasn't going for anything, that was scripted to be like that.

They wasted so much time on that fashion show, the Africa thing the song and dance, Buzz Aldrin and just raced through stuff people actually want to see. The guy that has been given interviews tweeted this morning that The CW had a strict cut off time and it wasn't their fault the speech got cut and I was half tempted to tweet back that it was defintely their fault for wasting tons of time on stuff no one wanted to see.

• Members

It's very tempting (for me at least) to blame Dr. Phil's wife Robin for eating up so much time with that rambling intro, I mean, didn't she have any clue of how short on time they were? But of course it's the director's fault, and he/she had a PERFECT opportunity to kill their mic and run the B&B clip before Robin started her whole spiel. No one would have missed it. And then we would have maybe gotten at least 45 seconds' worth of a speech. Of course what also sucks is that it takes so damn long for everyone to get up on stage, BB should have just bolted up there and started talking immediately.

• Members

I didn't understand why Buzz Aldrin was there. Is he dying or something? It was just so random. I thought the Africa thing was interesting, the Fashion show redeemed itself with Lucci's OTT walk down the runway, and the opening song was silly but cute. I am trying to think what I would have cut and there was really very little fat. You can't cut the salute to GL, you can't cut the salute to Sesame Street, all awards show have some sort of music, and how low class would it be to drop their charitable work in Africa? Maybe they should have made the red carpet show 15 mins shorter and started the awards at 7:45 eastern time.

Archived