<u><b>Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team Nominations</b></u>

All My Children

Days Of Our Lives

One Life To Live - WINNER

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC is MY show, but these noms are mostly a joke. AMC was only nominated because of the tornado. It's had its moments this year, but visually the show is so unappealing, which only serves to make the acting and writing look that much worse. I can't believe anyone actually watched an episode and said, "gee, this series deserves an Emmy." B&B is so unintentionally funny to be taken seriously. Days? GMAFB! Only two shows are worthy of a nom IMO: Y&R (despite its many faults and the fact that it's ridiculousy over-rated, still the best produced show on the air) and GH (yes, the vision for the show is totally out of whack, the show needs an overhaul, and there's a certain amount of pretentiousness about the show, but day to day it's still the best written and acted show).

• Administrator

It's funny that DAYS got nominated because of Ed Scott (and Noel Maxam). It was wise for Tomlin and Corday to choose the plane crash. If DAYS wins, I wonder if Corday will thank Ed.

I'm shocked that Y&R was shut out in all 3 categories. When was the last time that happened?!

• Members

I wonder why only 3 soaps got nominated instead of 4

Considering what else was out there, I can defiently see why AMC was nominated. I thought overall it was prett good last year. It was solid for the first couple of months and didnt start to go stale until the climax of the Jesse/Angie story with their wedding in May. It picked up after Pratt became writer later in the summer and was quite enjoyable for the remainder of the year. Its only in the last few months that I thought it went downhill but 2008 was a good year

• Members

To anyone wondering, only three shows were nominated this year because the rules state that only 40% of shows can be nominated. Passions didn't submit itself for drama series therefore that only left 8 shows to submit. 40% of eight shows out to 3.

• Members

I wonder if there's some judgment threshold these shows have to get passed in order to get nominated, regardless of how many shows are on the air. Not familiar with the process. I recently watched some clips on youtube of the 1981 daytime Emmys. Although there were probably around 13-14 soaps on the air that year, only three (AMC, GH & RH) were nominated for best show.

Archived