Michael Easton (OLTL)

Robert Woods (OLTL)

Peter Bergman (Y&R)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess it's wrong to say I think Susan Haskell is overrated and a bit dull as an actress.

I was amused CLB won because the show is so clearly trying to phase him out. And then he's the only person from the show to win. He wasn't the most deserving, but I'm happy for him.

• Members

I didn't like Braeden's work last year, I didn't buy his grief over Sabrina. I do think Bergman should have gotten something, if Peter Reckell couldn't win.

I think this was just about Emmy bait. I didn't think that episode was great but perhaps on its own voters were impressed.

• Members

Jeanne Cooper was roobed. She so much deserved the emmy this year with the Kay / Marge storyline. No offense to Susan Haskell but I was very disappointed.

I don't mind CLB winning. I was praying for not seeing Thorsten Kaye or Anthony Geary with the emmy. Reckell is not that good and I don't think Cosgrove is really a lead so good for CLB. I hope MAB will realize Michael Baldwin is a viable character now.

• Members

Haskell over Morgan says everything about what daytime values in an actress. Actually she didn't even deserve to be nominated along with the likes of Morgan, Flannery or Cooper. (I've never seen West so I can't comment.) Hopefully now that she's got her Emmy she'll go away and take permavictim Marty with her.

• Members

I have nothing against Haskell as a actress, minus a few mannerisms from time to time. It's the character I'm not so sure about. I hope RC takes the time intergrate and improve the character of Marty more bc I can see a Marty-shove-down-our-throats-a-thon coming after this Emmy win.

• Members

Haskell is a perfect fine actress and if the Emmy were for a Perfectly Fine Lead Actress, I'd have no problem with it but it's for Outstanding Lead Actress. Morgan, Flannery and Cooper fit that description, SH, IMO, does not.

So yes, add me to the Debbi was robbed crowd.

Archived