Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem with Debbi's reel is that the scenes were too short. So if you're a voter and you're watching a tape of just her short scenes it doesn't easily grab you or win you over the way it should.

This is going to be a challenge for most AMC actors as long as Pratt is writing because he likes episodes that are quickly paced. Vincent Irizarry lucked out though because his scenes were a bit longer. Plus Vincent didn't really have to share those scenes with anyone whereas Debbi and Darnell are sharing the spotlight in her reel.

• Members

Well what's done is done. I was hoping she would win...for so many reasons. Mainly because it would be a fitting way for her to leave AMC since I don't think she's going to stay with the show when it moves. But Haskell is the perfect choice given the current state of soaps.

• Members

I thought Tracey Bregman was also great as bitchy Lauren. I enjoyed the episode, but it was interesting that although he was in every scene he was reacting through most of the episode until the end. I think he was helped by the good acting by the supporting players in the episode also.

If anything I hope it will encourage MAB to write for him and stop using him as a rarely seen glorified dayplayer. Whether people think he deserves the emmy or not, he is too talented to be wasted as he has been during MAB's tenure.

Archived