Who are your Top 5 Daytime Performers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since your post says "Top" and not best, I'll interpet it as the actors whom I became obscessed with over the years for their performances. Not in any particular order, really

Kimberlin Brown

Susan Flannery

Eric Braeden

Beverly McKinsey

Cynthia Watros

• Members

Hard to keep it to only five. In no particular order:

Clint Ritchie - my alltime favorite on OLTL. Of all deaths of soap actors that I've watched over the years, his got to me the most. :( I "started with" and grew up with the ABC soaps first and foremost so between familiarity of more than half my life and just enjoying the heck out of him, I've missed him since he left the show.

Larkin Malloy - huge crush on his Sky Whitney. Bawled like anything when "fauxSky" was killed (no internet or spoilers in those days, lol); thrilled as all get out when "realSky" was introduced and followed him to GL when EON ended.

Finola Hughes - Anna Devane epitomized everything I loved and wanted to see in a true soap heroine. Not some sidekick, damsel-in-distress. Beautiful, smart, and literally kick-ass. Even with the big 80s hair, Finola was gorgeous.

Beth Ehlers - my longtime GL favorite (back when I still watched that show). She brought a natural, real quality to her performances. I was attracted to her and I'm a straight female. :P

David Andrew Macdonald - the only one I ever started a website/board for :P

Honorable mentions I would say would be Anthony Geary and Stephen Nichols. Back in the decade (1980s), these were the guys that kept me tuning into GH and DOOL. And Douglass Watson...I didn't actually see most of his early years on AW (my mom used to watch) but there has always been something about him that struck a chord with me. If there are such things as soap gods, he was one.

• Members

My top 5:

1) Grant Aleksander - (Phillip, GL)

2) Tom Eplin (Jake, AW)

3) Scott Bryce (ex-Craig, ATWT)

4) Hillary B. Smith (ex-Margo, ATWT)

5) Matt Ashford (Jack, Days)

Honorable mentions: Charles Keating, Elizabeth Hubbard, Robin Mattson, Gordon Thomson, James DePaiva, Stephen Schnetzer, etc.

• Members

1. Beverlee Mckinsey as Alexandra Guiding Light

2. Susan Flannery as Stephanie The Bold And The Beautiful

3. Kimberlin Brown as Sheila The Bold And The Beautiful

4. Michael Zaslow as Roger Guiding Light

5. Eric Braeden as Victor The Young And The Restless

• Members

1. Beverlee McKinsey (Alexandra, GL)

2. Lisa Brown (Nola, GL)

3. Eric Braeden (Victor, Y&R)

4. Judith Light (Karen, OLTL)

5. Justin Deas (Buzz, GL)